homebrew DLDI patching problems

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by charpsp20, Jun 14, 2007.

1. charpsp20
    OP

charpsp20 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2007
    United States
    Okay so i intalled the right click patcher and i have the r4/m3 simply patch. Ive tried to patch ds organize and phidias. Problem is, the patcher won't run. I double click, it comes, and then closes before it patches anything.

If i try to run a gba through it I get this: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Renaming .gba to .nds press any key to continue...

What's wrong????!

2. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    Run it through the command line.

Or get the GUI version.

3. charpsp20
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2007
    United States
    okay, sorry im not a coder. whats a command line or a GUI? You mean the run option from the start menu? I dont think that one works either. I believe i have the original DLDI patcher by chism but that doesnt boot either.

4. leetdude_007

leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

Nov 25, 2006
    United States
    you don't have to be a coder!

If you have windows, go to Start --> Run, and open CMD.

otherwise, just use the GUI versions that are out there.

5. charpsp20
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2007
    United States
    okay the GUI program works! [​IMG] Thanks guys. I do have a question tho; does NDS homebrew need to be patched if using a slot 2 solution? currently i have both M3 perfect and lite but was just curious. Also, would this patch help the m3 nds dumper tool to work without flashing my DS?

6. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    DLDI homebrew needs to be patched for any card, SLot-1 or Slot-2

Depends which m3 dumper. (You need an m3 CF I think)

And I don't understand why people don't want to flash their DS. It takes 30 seconds, give you brick-protection and real passme code at the press of a button...

7. charpsp20
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2007
    United States
    Well its just i dont want to brick my old DS. Anyways i really want to dump my own ds games bad, so ill probably do it. So i guess the steps then are to flash the ds, patch the m3 dumper with dldi, and then use the m3 CF? I dont have an m3 CF but i do own a supercard CF. Im guessing that'll work if i use the supercard software as well?

8. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA
    M3 dumper won't work with SC.

9. charpsp20
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2007
    United States
    Any nds dumper that will? Since im going flash my old ds anyway, how bout fwnitro?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice