Homebrew RELEASE Homebrew Details - A Homebrew App Manager

Tyvar1

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Time Has Come!!

Changelog: [v1.0]

For the last four months or so I've been rewriting the application almost completely from the ground up. Here's what's new.

New Features:
- Scan files more than twice as fast
- Cache app lists to json and instantly reload them on next run without having to rescan
- Cache app icons for instantly reloading menus
- Sort list by categories (name, path, author, size, category)
- Sort list ascending or descending
- Group sorted lists by category (none, author, category, from appstore)
- Groundwork for language localization
- Groundwork for multiple view styles (icon grid and icon list coming soon)
- Welcome Page and Introduction for first run
- Settings is now a categorized json
- Pin Favorite apps to the top of the list
- Move Settings and Updater into their own panels accessible by list or main screen
- Delete folder if deleting app and it's the only thing in the folder
- Basically every other aspect rewritten for speed and stability

Frameworks:
- Updated nlohmann json
- Updated libnx
- Updated borealis ui
- Updated curl

Download:
> Github <
> GbaTemp Files <
> HB App Store <​

2021020700343200-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021020700344300-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021020700351300-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021020700352500-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021020700363000-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg
Looks really good! Thank you for this great project! :yayswitch:

Reactions: Chrscool8

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed version 1.0 just now and whenever i exit from an app that i launched from homebrew details, my atmos crashes. I tried installing the forwarder, but the same thing happens.

Edit: it doesn't crash when i run HD from applet mode but all homebrews exit to hbmenu even though i have "exit to" set to homebrew details' nro in the settings

Last edited by NekoNoor,

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really good! Thank you for this great project! :yayswitch:
Thanks for using it!

I installed version 1.0 just now and whenever i exit from an app that i launched from homebrew details, my atmos crashes. I tried installing the forwarder, but the same thing happens.

Edit: it doesn't crash when i run HD from applet mode but all homebrews exit to hbmenu even though i have "exit to" set to homebrew details' nro in the settings
Well that's interesting. Haven't seen that one before. What firmware and atmosphere are you on? Yeah, it isn't clear but exit to only exits HB-D to the selected app (so basically choosing whether to go to hbmenu or restart the app). It's possible to have launched apps return to HB-D but I was having trouble with that last time I tried. I'll try again soon!

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that's interesting. Haven't seen that one before. What firmware and atmosphere are you on? Yeah, it isn't clear but exit to only exits HB-D to the selected app (so basically choosing whether to go to hbmenu or restart the app). It's possible to have launched apps return to HB-D but I was having trouble with that last time I tried. I'll try again soon!
I'm on firmware 11.0.1 AMS M.18.0

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i was installing the non-mesosphere build of atmosphere to test if that was the culprit and it worked without mesosphere but now i reinstalled the mesosphere build and it seems to work again. the forwarder is still crashing when exiting homebrew so it seems to be something with the forwarder.

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was installing the non-mesosphere build of atmosphere to test if that was the culprit and it worked without mesosphere but now i reinstalled the mesosphere build and it seems to work again. the forwarder is still crashing when exiting homebrew so it seems to be something with the forwarder.

hey there! looks wonderful and pretty much what I've been looking for in a hbmenu replacement.

however, when I use the forwarder and launch a homebrew app, using a homebrew app's exit function crashes Atmosphere 2347-0003 error.
Pressing home takes me back to home just fine.

when I launch hbmenu, then launch Homebrew Details, then launch a homebrew app and use the app's built in exit function it returns me back to hbmenu.

I haven't tested it yet but I wonder if I copy homebrew_details.nro to /root and rename to hbmenu.nro if it will fix that.

Thanks to you both for being in touch!

I can't even run the forwarder any more, myself, unfortunately. Apparently something changed in a semi-recent (last year) atmosphere update that messed up patching for custom nsps that makes them no longer work right? I dunno, I can't figure it out. I tried a little bit to build my own nsp but it isn't running for some reason. That said, returning to hbmenu from an app in both applet and full app mode works fine for me. ‍*shrug* Anyone around here know the proper way to compile an installable nsp these days?

Also going back to hbmenu instead of back to hb-d is currently "intended" (or rather, expected, but hopefully soon changed) behavior. It was tricky at the time to make it be able to return to hb-d, but I'll work on that feature again soon.

In my experimentation, it seems like replacing hbmenu.nro with the hb-d nro just goes black screen in applet mode but works perfectly fine if using the hbmenu forwarder so I have no clue what's up lol.

Reactions: peteruk

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you're missing one of the patches. Grab the latest from https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Thanks but it either gets stuck in a black screen or kernel panics me even after updating everything. :\

Edit: Well, I fixed the kernel panicking, turns out MissionControl was crashing it for some reason...? But now I'm still getting atmosphere crashes for some reason.

Last edited by Chrscool8,
Reactions: peteruk

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks but it either gets stuck in a black screen or kernel panics me even after updating everything. :\

Edit: Well, I fixed the kernel panicking, turns out MissionControl was crashing it for some reason...? But now I'm still getting atmosphere crashes for some reason.
Take out any other sysmodules to see if that fixes it, then reintroduce them one by one?
I actually had to do a "Fix archive bits" in hekate the other day to get atmosphere working after I had the SD card in my Mac.

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take out any other sysmodules to see if that fixes it, then reintroduce them one by one?
I actually had to do a "Fix archive bits" in hekate the other day to get atmosphere working after I had the SD card in my Mac.

Well well well. Thanks for the tip. I feel a little silly having not investigated that earlier, but we're making progress. Disabling emuiibo makes the old forwarder run happily but I'm still having issues with a newer version. Great start, though! I'll get back to work on it!

Edit: Hellll yeah. Finally got it going happily with the new version as well. 5th time's the charm lol.

Last edited by Chrscool8,

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changelog: [v1.01]

Features:

- New "What's New" panel on main screen that shows recent changelogs (like this!)
- New Forwarder .nsp installable to your home menu

Fixes:

- Tiny potential problem affecting early 1.0 updates fixed
- Fix situation where blacklists may not apply

New Forwarder Overview:

- Display versions of HB-D on your card
- Choose and run your choice manually
- Automatically run your choice without additional input
- Included in this update and can be found at "sdmc:/config/homebrew_details_next/forwarder/HomebrewDetailsForwarder_v2.nsp"

2021021300100500-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021021220290700-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

2021021220291600-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any guide/tips to help me replace the default hbmenu.nro with this so that opening Album uses this instead?

Doing that is a little janky right now because the cfw and libnx are expecting hbmenu so much but I’ve been working on a nice solution for that that should hopefully be ready soon! Thanks!

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for making this alternative to hbmenu!
I wasn't a fan of how hbmenu browsed apps, so I'm glad I found this.

I've got a small feature request though.
In the settings there's an option to choose what the exit function does, but the only options are to boot hbmenu or boot back into this app itself again, which seems a little odd when running the app from it's forwarder.
I know that you can "exit" with the home button, but if it wouldn't be difficult to add, it would make using the forwarder as a standalone replacement for hbemu a bit nicer.

Edit:
I seem to be experiencing an issue with the forwarder.
Launching an app via the manager forwarder and then exiting the launched app causes Atmosphere to crash and require a restart.
This doesn't happen in hbmenu, or when using homebrew details from hbmenu.
I've tried running multiple apps, mostly installers, but they all crash on exit with the same error code.
Error Code: 2347-0003 (0x74b)
Program: 05843A6B70D30000​
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the forwarder, or something I might have accidentally done, but I figured I'd report it anyway.

Last edited by Sodaman,

Chrscool8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys! Sorry about the radio silence. I spent so long working on the big update that I had to take a little break after releasing it and fixing the major bugs. I'm back now, though! If you're still having crashes, I'd appreciate a copy of your crash log at sdmc:/atmosphere/crash_reports/****.log on your sd card and the version you're running.

I'm aware of the sometimes jankiness of the forwarder thing. Hadn't gotten to finish my previous plan but maybe soon I will.

I know that you can "exit" with the home button, but if it wouldn't be difficult to add, it would make using the forwarder as a standalone replacement for hbemu a bit nicer.
I'd like this, too, but I'm fairly sure (and I'm still new to libnx so feel free to correct me) that the only way to actually exit the app to the main menu is to crash it. I'll double check, though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."