Homebrew demo Retro League GX "demakes" Rocket League for the Nintendo GameCube

While you've been able to play Rocket League for the Nintendo Switch for a while now, a new homebrew is going to let you get a similar experience...on the Nintendo GameCube. A developer has released their demo for Retro League GX, a homebrew game that aims to "demake" Rocket League, but on the retro GameCube. It takes the core concepts from Rocket League, such as boost, car and soccer ball physics, and goals, all in early 2000's graphical glory. Currently, the demo lets you fight against AI teams, but the developer intends to implement LAN multiplayer, with future plans for ports to other platforms, such as the Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo Wii, and the PlayStation Portable, with the source code to be released sometime in 2022. Retro League GX is playable via original hardware or Dolphin.

:download: Download

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Early 2000s graphics?
They should have enhanced it a little more
Looks like rubbish to me
Yeah, they def should've given it PS4 quality graphics at least /s

Wtf were you expecting? It's a homebrew release for the Gamecube, and as such it looks pretty damn good.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Yeah, they def should've given it PS4 quality graphics at least /s

Wtf were you expecting? It's a homebrew release for the Gamecube, and as such it looks pretty damn good.
I mean, Look at MK Double Dash
I'm not a developer so don't hold me accountable for this
but these look like demo GameCube graphics, not GameCube graphics

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, Look at MK Double Dash
I'm not a developer so don't hold me accountable for this
but these look like demo GameCube graphics, not GameCube graphics
Yeah, but this is H O M E B R E W made by one dude ...it's not been made by the massive team of Nintendo's top tier devs that made MKDD

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Seems more like N64 graphics with SNES sound effects, but I understand that it's currently just one guy working on it. If he can get some others onboard to polish it up a bit, it could be pretty cool.

TheCosmicWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

While you've been able to play Rocket League for the Nintendo Switch for a while now, a new homebrew is going to let you get a similar experience...on the Nintendo GameCube. A developer has released their demo for Retro League GX, a homebrew game that aims to "demake" Rocket League, but on the retro GameCube. It takes the core concepts from Rocket League, such as boost, car and soccer ball physics, and goals, all in early 2000's graphical glory. Currently, the demo lets you fight against AI teams, but the developer intends to implement LAN multiplayer, with future plans for ports to other platforms, such as the Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo Wii, and the PlayStation Portable, with the source code to be released sometime in 2022. Retro League GX is playable via original hardware or Dolphin.

:download: Download

my brother loves Rocket League, so I had to show this to him. big props to the developer, I have respect for people that do stuff like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over