Hacking Homebrew Delelopement engine

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So all that stuff is really confusing everything is just made of scripts, I can't imagine how all those people where able to build homebrew applications without a gui which shows what they are doing, so any chance that there will be an engine for this like Visual Studio and Unity3d which I am working with?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I use VS2015 for homebrews. No problem.
If you want more like a "push button -> receive bacon" setup, maybe you'd want to become a Ninty official developer.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Zidapi

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all that stuff is really confusing everything is just made of scripts, I can't imagine how all those people where able to build homebrew applications without a gui which shows what they are doing, so any chance that there will be an engine for this like Visual Studio and Unity3d which I am working with?
Probably not in the near future but it sounds like a good project to work on.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, most of the homebrew apps are made with C/C++. If you know C/C++ and you have the compilers, you can make homebrew apps without having visual clues of what are you doing.

Having a visual development framework would be good for beginners, but i don't think someone would bother making that if you can already make programs without it.

Last edited by Autz,

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use VS2015 for homebrews. No problem.
If you want more like a "push button -> receive bacon" setup, maybe you'd want to become a Ninty official developer.

Um so its possible to use vs to develop homebrew? Also actually saw that the new 3ds got unity3d support but I actually don't have a clue how to use unity to make a 3ds application, I didn't even know it was possible, theres actually a lot of new thibgs happened to homebrew development sonce ive last tried to develop something for the 3ds

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my advice: Stop looking for solutions like this. Nothing in homebrew will *ever* be drag and drop unless you use Nintendo's SDK, but if you use Nintendo's SDK you cannot release your apps anywhere outside of the eShop.

You know how something will look by testing, simple as that. Emulators like Citra are excellent for this, because you can set up scripts to compile and then run the result through Citra to look at it. If it doesn't look how you want, change your code and repeat.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here's my advice: Stop looking for solutions like this. Nothing in homebrew will *ever* be drag and drop unless you use Nintendo's SDK, but if you use Nintendo's SDK you cannot release your apps anywhere outside of the eShop.

You know how something will look by testing, simple as that. Emulators like Citra are excellent for this, because you can set up scripts to compile and then run the result through Citra to look at it. If it doesn't look how you want, change your code and repeat.

^

Also, every user using a visual development program always make the same complaints about how limited it is (implying the program doesn't have code support of some sort).

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Um so its possible to use vs to develop homebrew? Also actually saw that the new 3ds got unity3d support but I actually don't have a clue how to use unity to make a 3ds application, I didn't even know it was possible, theres actually a lot of new thibgs happened to homebrew development sonce ive last tried to develop something for the 3ds

I said I use VS, but never mentioned unity. VS is configured so it calls the very same makefile as you would do by hand. VS debugging is off. Citra-qt is chainloaded on run. But I have project support, snippets, Intellisense and that kind of helpful things.

Debugging is vastly improved when you develop a good logging system for your homebrew.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all