Hardware HomeBrew Channle SDHC support on Wii 4.2E

Serzhas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!
I have recently updated my Wii to 4.2E, and decided to give a try to USB Loaders.
I have 2 Kinstone 4GB cards, one is Class 4 and one is Class 6, however, neither
of my cards works with HomeBrew Channel. Although Wii sees and supports this cards
(I have successfully copied save file to SD).
Am I just completely out of luck, or I missing something important? My HBC is v1.0.6.
I have installed all cIOS (222, 224, 249 and so on).
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
EVerything that runs on the Wii has a different sdhc compatiblity, wii menu, HBC using IOS36, HBC using IOS61, homebrew in general, mini projects, BootMii and whatever. If a card works for one of these, it doesn't mean it works for anything else. I highly recommend getting a high quality 2 GB sd card for exclusive use on the Wii.

Anyways, what IOS does your HBC use IOS36 or IOS61? If it's IOS36, you can make it use IOS61 by installing IOS61 and then reinstalling HBC. That can change the sdhc compatiblity, but only for booting apps, not when actually using them and they need to load anything from sd.

Serzhas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
x_r3ap3r_x said:
Maybe try formatting the card with this: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/
I have tried formatting my cards with this tool. No luck...

Update: Just got another 8 gig SD card from friend of mine. It is Apacer Class 2 card.
This card does not works either... What I have noticed, is that Wii detects and accepts
card (copied one WiiWare game to this card for testing) ONLY before I starting HBC.
After that Wii says "The card inserted in SD slot cannot be used". I must reinsert card
to fix this "problem". So, I think there is definitely something wrong with HBC channel,
since I have 3 SDHC cards from different vendors and of different Class and none of
really them works...

Will try to install IOS61 and reinstall HBC. Will report results.

P.S. Thanks for all your help, guys!
smile.gif

Serzhas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Anyways, what IOS does your HBC use IOS36 or IOS61? If it's IOS36, you can make it use IOS61 by installing IOS61 and then reinstalling HBC. That can change the sdhc compatiblity, but only for booting apps, not when actually using them and they need to load anything from sd.
Could you please guide me how to install HBC with IOS61? I have installed IOS61 with DOP-Mii (v5405), however, HBC installer
still says it will use 36 instead (Using IOS versions: Installer: 36, HBC: 36, DVDX: 36) Maybe there is some tricks how to install
IOS61 itself? Thank you.

Update: I have found the problem. I have installed IOS61 with all the patches. Now reinstalled just clean one, and HBC detected it. Will check now if IOS61 solved SDHC problem...

WHOOHOOO!!!! All of my cards successfully detected by HBC!!! WiiPower, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Serzhas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn... I'm completely out of luck with Wii USB Loaders
hate2.gif

My Seagate 80 GB USB HDD doesn't work with Wii, and neither of my 3(!!!) different SDHC cards works too.
(just to remind: I have tried Apacer 8GB Class 2, Kingstone 4GB Class 4 and Kinstone 4GB Class 6 cards)
Issues so far:
1. After installing IOS61 and reinstalling HBC I can run homebrew from SDHC card (i.e. Configurable USB Loader).
However, channel forwarder for CUSBL doesn't work. After small timeout it just returns to system menu.
2. Once USB Loader is started directly from HBC, it won't detect wbfs folder on my SDHC card. It just waits for
30 seconds and reboots.
3. I have tried USB Loader GX r937 and Configurable USB Loader v57b7. Neither of them even detects games on SDHC.
4. Wad Manager v1.7 can't mount my SDHC card as source device. Error code -1 reported.
5. My older 2 GB SD card works just fine.
What else can I try in order to start using SDHC card with USB Loader?
Thanks in advance, guys!
bow.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I told you, everything on wii has a different sdhc compatiblity. Maybe installing cIOS57 rev19 fixes some of your problems, maybe not. You may want to try with all available cIOS(Waninkoko's AND Hermes) with Configurable USB Loader to find out if and which cIOS detect your cards and/or your usb hdd.

Serzhas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!!! I have managed to run games from SDHC card! (all of them)
smile.gif

I just followed this cIOS guide and replaced Configurable USB Loader with one for IOS249 (also changed IOS to 249 in config.txt).
Now I'm able to run Red Steel 2 from SDHC
yaywii.gif
Much better experience, I must admit!
P.S. Not sure if cIOS reinstall was required actually, or it's just different version of Configurable USB Loader.
Thanks to all who helped me to figure out this issue!
grog.gif

Update: after all "dances with drums" I managed not only to run games from SDHC, but my USB hard drive now works just perfectly!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.