Hacking Homebrew Channel won't load. Black screen.

danielferris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running Homebrew channel fine for years now. Today I downloaded Wiiflow and attempted to run it. It froze, so I restarted the Wii. Now when I try to open the Homebrewchannel the screen turns black, it freezes, and my Wiimote disconnects. I think the HBC might have been corrupt.

I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling Bootmii and uninstalling/reinstalling HBC with the newest version of Letterbomb but when I try to run HBC again the same thing happens.

I'm on 4.3U.

danielferris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really?
Go to System Config > Save Data & Channels > Save Data > then delete HBC save data and try again re-installing HBC, if still there is Black Screen, you should check your IOS and cIOS too. (HBC runs in IOS58 iirc)

I deleted the HBC save data, then reinstalled HBC. Now when I opened HBC instead of getting a black screen this time, it said that Wii system files are corrupt.

Any ideas as to what to do now ? :(

Jasjar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm looks like your Wii has hardware problems. Does the system files are corrupted only happen on the launch of the hbc or is it permanent? If it is, unless your have Priiloader or BootMii nothing can be done.

danielferris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm looks like your Wii has hardware problems. Does the system files are corrupted only happen on the launch of the hbc or is it permanent? If it is, unless your have Priiloader or BootMii nothing can be done.

Just started happening today when I installed Wiiflow and it froze on me, so I hard-powered it off. It only freezes on HBC launch. I can launch everything else just fine.

How can HBC be corrupt if I just freshly uninstalled-reinstalled it is the question hmmm

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I deleted the HBC save data, then reinstalled HBC. Now when I opened HBC instead of getting a black screen this time, it said that Wii system files are corrupt.

Any ideas as to what to do now ? :(
There is IOS or cIOS problems, you should start your Wii Menu pressing + and - on health & safety screen for some seconds, then you should boot your wii. Then try booting HBC

danielferris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well other than IOS problems I'm guessing hardware problems because the hbc is a very well developed piece of software. Run this: and post the results and we'll see what it is.

I have to run that through HBC correct?, which I'm not able to do. Or is there another way to run it without HBC.

Sorry Im bad at troubleshooting :( thanks for staying with me

danielferris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try first running it from the LetterBomb? Maybe you need a missing IOS, I think it's IOS58 or is corrupt.

After installing from Letterbomb, and clicking exit, it's supposed to open up to HBC. Im getting the same thing where it's black screen and frozen, but Wiimote is actually still connected this time. As opposed to running from homescreen and having blackscreen w/ Wiimote disconnected.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
After installing from Letterbomb, and clicking exit, it's supposed to open up to HBC. Im getting the same thing where it's black screen and frozen, but Wiimote is actually still connected this time. As opposed to running from homescreen and having blackscreen w/ Wiimote disconnected.
Did you already tried with another bootmii installer? If you can run LetterBomb, then download a HBC WAD and run Wad Manager via LetterBom, then try.
I think maybe the bootmii you downloaded is corrupted... if not, then your IOS are corrupted I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey