Homebrew Channel Upside Down on vWii Need Help fixing!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by djdavidm, Dec 31, 2012.

1. djdavidm
    OP

Newcomer djdavidm Member

United States
    So yeah I was trying to get USB working on my Vwii and now my Homebrew Channel is upside down! Could someone help me fix this please! When I try to run the Hackmii installer with the Smash Brothers game, the installer freezes. Older versions are telling me no vulnerable iso's! I'm lost! Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

2. officialjunk

Newcomer officialjunk Advanced Member

United States
    read this:
    http://hbc.hackmii.com/faq/

3. djdavidm
    OP

Newcomer djdavidm Member

United States
    Now my Homebrew Channel dosn't work at all! I guess i'm gonna erase her! So long HBC!

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Might as well, emulators look worse on the Wii U Wii mode because of the hardware filtering.

5. Scuba156

Member Scuba156 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Stick to your thread instead of spamming others

PnP Bios and megazig like this.
  6. PnP Bios

Newcomer PnP Bios Don't like my post? GOOD!

United States
    Huh, my Homebrew Channel is upside down. The hell?
    It's also mirrored. Your either replaced the IOS version used by The Homebrew Channel with a "failpack" (see installer section above), or you tried to modify the installation. Don't do that.​

Sounds like somebody didn't follow the guide. Don't use cIOS's except for the D2x one specifically for the vWii. You were probably using darkcorp or some other ancient cIOS that HBC hates. The Wii-U won't read DVD-r's anyways.... What exactly were you trying to do here?

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'm also curious to how you even managed to do that (well...aside from totally ignoring all the warnings in programs like MMM or dop-mii). :unsure:
    AFAIK, all cIOS'es for the vwii are meant for slots outside the original range (above 200, in other words). No one, not even the author of darkcorp, ever advised touching your original vwii IOS'es.

Also: DO NOT USE OLDER VERSIONS OF THE HBC ON YOUR WIIU! They were written before the wiiU was even released, so at best you'll simply waste time.

8. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I talked to someone (can't remember who, it was on IRC) who accidentally deleted IOS58, and when he reinstalled it from a vWii NAND dump (no, it wasn't a Wii IOS, and it wasn't patched) the HBC was inverted.