Homebrew Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special thanks to raulpica for making this topic a sticky!

Okay, so I love skinning. I made two over twenty skins for the Homebrew Channel. So my question to you guys is what my next theme should be. Leave your feedback, and check out my other themes! ^_^ I will try to make a new theme every week. (No promises, as I have a life too! Lol.)

Don't forget that you can also make your own!
Check out my tutorial!

-I plan on adding some new revisions for font usage and other tweaks. Keep a look out!

To Download from FileTrip More Easily:

1. Click the Download Button on the right-hand side.
2. Choose "Manual Download."
(This will give you the direct file without FileTrip's exe downloader.)

Apparently, new updates made this not a thing anymore. Go figure!

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL THEMES:

1. Extract contents of Rar file to the ROOT of your SD card. (Folder structure is already in place. Merge folders when asked.)
2. Insert SD card into Wii and go to Homebrew Channel.
3. Find the icon for desired theme, and launch like any other Homebrew. (You can change on the fly like this as well.)
4. To revert to original theme, simply delete Homebrew Channel save data from Wii using the Memory Management screen.

NEWEST THEME(S)
Click on the Theme Name for a Filetrip download!

Pokémon Sun -10/13/2016

This theme turns your Homebrew Channel into an inferno powerhouse!

Pokémon Moon -10/13/2016

This theme covers your Homebrew Channel in mysterious shadows!

Paper Mario Color Splash -10/11/2016

As a gift for waiting for me to fix broken links, have a new theme! ^_^ It even has a custom font!

Older themes:
Themes by Release

Yoshi's Wooly World -09/24/2015

OMG! A new theme! This time for Yoshi's Wooly World!

Earthbound -01/26/2014

A special theme for Earthbound, the beloved SNES RPG. Available in all five menu "Flavors." Each is in its own folder, for easy swapping.

Super Mario 3D World -01/26/2014

Almost forgot I did this one! Featuring the official font from the official Nintendo site! (It was a pain to get/convert, so appreciate it!)

Pikmin 3 -08/09/2013

Everything gets a little smaller with this big theme. The Pikmin's latest outing looks great on the Homebrew Channel!

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon -04/17/2013

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon takes the stage in this theme. Scare up some fun as ghosts haunt your Homebrew Channel!

Phoenix Wright -04/10/2013

Take that! The Ace Attorney takes the Homebrew Channel stage to deliver sweet homebrew theme justice!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate -04/03/2013

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate gets three ultimate background flavors! All are included in the same pack. (You guys can thank my wife for this. Lol.)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate -03/19/2013

The first of my 3DS series. A rather simple theme, but the background looks awesome! Especially in widescreen.

Hello Kitty -03/12/2013

As requested, a theme for Hello Kitty. Actually had to do some minor editing to pay attention to character detail. Apparently, the bow has a very specific positioning, and it being wrong creates nerd-rage. Anyway, enjoy!

MegaMan 10 -03/09/2013

One of my personal bests. Had to recover this theme by extracting the Homebrew Channel save file. Nice to know that a theme is not lost if you delete the installation folder!

Gir with a Cupcake -03/06/2013

Gir has a cupcake. Also, Network Taco. My work is done here. *Rocket pants activated!* Woosh!

Critter Crunch -02/28/2013

A PSN Classic is now a Wii Homebrew Channel theme! Ripped the graphics myself from the install file. ^_^ May tweek the alignment of the buttons in the next version.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit -12/14/2012

Merry Early Christmas (kind of)! I'm back with a game that had amazing art and gameplay. One of my personal favorites now, both in themes and games in general. Enjoy! (This theme looks best if your app icons have transparencies. Solid rectangle icons look a little out of place, but we all got 'em.)

The Gorillaz -11/4/2011

A theme that isn't for a game! Wow! Two backgrounds with this one. Not sure how the text looks because I haven't had time to test it myself yet.

Duck hunt -10/28/2011

You can't really shoot the dog, but you can pop him!

Donkey Kong Country -Oct. 21, 2011

Features two backgrounds for SD and HD!

DarkWii Purple -Oct. 21, 2011

Background is from the Custom System Menu of the same name.

Mega Man X -Oct. 21, 2011

Its not very often I do a completely different button style, but it worked nicely here.

Epic Mickey -Oct. 21, 2011

I was playing Epic Mickey to fill the void before Kirby released. Finished it sooner than I had hoped, so I made this special!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess -Oct. 14, 2011

Link and Zelda grace this theme. Two backgrounds for SD and HD!

Star Wars - Light Side -Oct. 14, 2011

An old Star Wars theme that I finally fixed and finished, thanks to this thread!

Star Wars - Dark Side -Oct. 14, 2011

The Dark Side theme I finally finished after the Light Side one. Again, thanks to this thread.

Super Mario 3D Land -Oct. 14, 2011

The Boo and Goomba get Tanooki Tails when the USB Gecko and Network connect!

Metroid -Oct. 7, 2011

Samus guns for the HBC! Two different backgrounds for SD and HD!

Super Mario -Oct. 7, 2011

Super Mario graces the Homebrew Channel.

Super Mario 64 -Oct. 7, 2011

Based on Super Mario 64, using entirely graphics and art from the game.

Kirby -Oct. 4, 2011
*Fixed Oct. 5, 2011. Will stay as theme on HBC reload.*

Based on Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Mega Man Zero -Oct. 4, 2011

I don't know why ThemeShooter doesn't find the bubbles when I make the screenshot, but the bubbles are of the three Guardians.*fixed*
-Also, this theme has two different backgrounds. One for SD (shown) and one for Widescreen featuring Craft!

WODE Jukebox -Oct. 4, 2011

I love how this one came out. Thanks to the WODE team for putting together some great graphics for their great product!

INSTRUCTIONS TO INSTALL THEMES:

1. Extract contents of Rar file to the ROOT of your SD card. (Folder structure is already in place. Merge folders when asked.)
2. Insert SD card into Wii and go to Homebrew Channel.
3. Find the icon for desired theme, and launch like any other Homebrew. (You can change on the fly like this as well.)
4. To revert to original theme, simply delete Homebrew Channel save data from Wii using the Memory Management screen.

Want to make your own?Check out my tutorial!

Last edited by MarcusRaven,

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Wow, I really like the MM Zero one! it's pretty cool.

Personally, I would like to see what you could come up with a metroid theme
smile.gif

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An easy request for ya, Diddy did a dark purple theme for the wii, so a dark purple homebrew theme would be sweet. Especially if you did a dark purple homebrew channel. There is one going around but it is a light purple.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
musicman61554 said:
An easy request for ya, Diddy did a dark purple theme for the wii, so a dark purple homebrew theme would be sweet. Especially if you did a dark purple homebrew channel. There is one going around but it is a light purple.

Got a screenshot I can see? Can't seem to find anything about it on my own. If I can see it, I'll see what I can do.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MarcusRaven said:
musicman61554 said:
Here is a vid of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVbnIgZK5I Thanks if you get this.

Okay, so is there a way to extract the files from a mym file? If so I can put this together eventually.
MYM file = ZIP file. You can extract it with any archive manager (or if you use Windows you can just rename it to .ZIP and extract with the built in ZIP extractor. But you probably have a proper archive manager anyway, and it should be able to do it without having to rename).

Any images are most likely in PNG format. However, many of the edits in themes are done with BRLYT edits (any colour changes for example), which you can use Benzin to convert to XMLYT files (basically just an XML document) - in these edits, you won't get images. You can compare the XMLYT to the original from the regular System Menu, and see what colours have been changed and from that work out what colours to use in your HBC theme, but it's quite a lot of hassle.

EDIT: But for example, you would be able to get the images from the health screen and the background of the disc channel etc.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after a LONG and complicated amount of research, trial, and error, I got the background image out of that theme. >.< (Thanks greatfully to Show Mii Wads.) So I'll put that one on the back burner to be worked on eventually.

Found that my Kirby theme won't stay the theme when set on the HBC, and I figured out why. The background images were too big, making the theme too big for the HBC save file to create properly. It reverts when this happens. Fixed it by flattening the pngs for the backgrounds. Will upload fixed version soon. (Look for an edit.)

Already finished a Metroid theme. Will be releasing that, along side a couple others, on Friday.
happy.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
A Phoenix Wright theme would be nice, but that's probably not your thing.

Dude, I LOVE Phoenix Wright, and so does my wife. Those were the first games I installed (after Pokemon Rumble) once I got my Wii hacked.
happy.gif
I'll add it to the list. So many resources I can make a use of for that series.
happy.gif

So far, my request list is, in no particular order:

Mario 64
Battletoads
Mega Man Starforce (Another series I

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starwars (episodes 4-6 only)
Transformers ( Animation or old... a'hem action figure art)
Commodore 64 (computer or games collage)
Atari 2600 (console or games collage)
Donkey Kong (on the Game & Watch, or a general Game & Watch theme)

My 2 cents.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf, you can skin the homebrew channel?
wtf.gif
This is news to me.

I've been popping those damned bubbles all this time! >:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?