Hacking Homebrew Channel Replaced System Menu?

spiderjjr45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how I did it, or why, but everytime I try to go to my Wii Menu, I get sent to the Homebrew channel. Even if I'm in the homebrew channel and I try to go back to the Wii Menu, it just reloads the system menu...

How do I get my Home screen back?
wacko.gif

D

Deleted-171178

Do you have Bootmii - Boot2?
If not, hold reset when powering on, it should bring up a menu.
Go into the options, and change "Autoboot" to System Menu.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
spiderjjr45 said:
I don't know how I did it, or why, but everytime I try to go to my Wii Menu, I get sent to the Homebrew channel. Even if I'm in the homebrew channel and I try to go back to the Wii Menu, it just reloads the system menu...

How do I get my Home screen back?
wacko.gif
Sounds to me like Pre/Priiloader. Turn you Wii on, hold immediately reset, and if a Menu comes up, go to settings-->

Autoboot-->Sysmenu
Return to -->Sysmenu

And it will behave like the real wii.

spiderjjr45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader's set to go to System Menu.

I tried to go to the system Menu from Preloader now, it sent me to the homebrew channel.

Tried to go to the system menu from BootMii, it sent me to homebrew channel.

How do I simply reinstall my system menu?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont do that. HBC cannot ever replace your system menu. to go messing with the system menu when you obviously know little about it is very, very stupid. just take your time. and figure our the REAL reason for this. it is either preloader or bootmii.

if it happens every time you go to the system menu, its preloader. bootmii will only do it when you first turn on the wii. so now you know what one is causing it. the other people have told you how to fix it.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jack, it can't be BootMii config settings, since he can access Preloader. So BootMii doesn't boot HBC.
Besides, he would know why HBC booted other wise, if he did edit it.

Anyhow. which Preloader you've installer? (like.. Priiloader or Preloader.)

Just check the settings and hacks in Preloader. There's something wrong with that for sure.

Conundrum1911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Priiloader or Preloader? Ever since I upgraded to Priiloader 0.2 (from Preloader .30) even with autoboot and return to set to systemmenu, it always starts up to Priiloader (but returns to the systemmenu properly).

spiderjjr45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader 0.30 is my edition,

Also, Preloader now freezes on me if I try to go to the system menu from the Preloader menu; I can tell something's definently up with my System Menu. I'm hoping I can fix it without a brick.

All I have to do is access the Wii Shop Channel, does anyone have any idea how to get to it without the Wii Menu?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not just reinstall the system menu wad with wad manager from the HBC? you will have to reinstall preloader and any hacks you applied but it should restore your abitlity to boot system menu. Like I said try a different preloader though......

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you installed permanent hacks to your system menu or hacked up its IOS, there is nothing wrong with your system menu. I believe this is still a problem caused by preloader and whatever settings you have there. what do you hope to accomplish by getting to the shop channel?

well, regardless of what you think you can do in the shop channel to fix this, I made some bootmii/mini elf files that can load it without the system menu. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198699

but i strongly suggest you just tinker with the settings in preloader before this turns into another "oh noez, i haz briked mi wii!! pleez halp" thread.

spiderjjr45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just need to add some more points to my account to get some DLC for Rock Band. I don't need the System Menu at all. Thank you very much giantprune for the elf files.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of is that there is something up with Preloader. I would just try reinstalling a system menu wad. You can get one with NUS Downloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol