homebrew channel problemo

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tredes, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008

homebrew channel problemo by tredes at 4:20 AM (1,402 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. tredes
    OP

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I installed the homebrew channel today, and was shocked to realise that i have no curser at all...i cant see the finger at all...I was going through the menu with my gc controller, but i need the curser..

anyone else have this issue?? or anyone know what i should do..??

I installed the channel via the iso installer....i.v never used the twilight hack...

2. Jm9760

Member Jm9760 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You use the wiimote to point. [​IMG]

3. tredes
    OP

Australia
    Your clever arn't you...moron

4. JJBro1

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    is the cursor jumping all over the place like mine?

5. tredes
    OP

Australia
    i cant see the curser..theres nothing...if i wave the wiimote at the screen i can kinda jump ova the buttons but i cant see the curser at all...

6. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    It's spelled as "cursor" not "curser".

7. CPOStudios

Newcomer CPOStudios Advanced Member

United States

Says the person who uses "your" in the wrong context, misspells "aren't" and "cursor", and generally uses terrible grammar. It isn't that farfetched to think that someone was trying to use a joystick to move the cursor; it's what ScummVM and most homebrew apps that utilize a cursor do. While there is no need, if you feel the need to insult someone's intelligence, at least use proper grammar. His post may have had dickish intentions, but it could have helped; let things like that go.

8. Rice923

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Clean your IR sensor bar and wiimote IR lenses. Try repositioning the IR sensor bar where things are not obstructing the lens.

And JM9760's post is perfectly logical. It's not uncommon for someone to use the GC controller w/o trying the wiimote.

9. tredes
    OP

Australia
    im not a fucking dum ass...and who really cares about grammer n shit...get over it..what?? do i get a mark out of 10 for every post? is this an english lesson or sumfing...get a life ey..if u want to correct grammer become an english teacher and get off a forum...or dont u have a life away from your computer?? Yeh your pretty cool ey...

btw that about was aimed at that CPOstudios gimp

10. Jebula

Newcomer Jebula Member

Finland
    haha.. way to go guys. [​IMG]

11. Rice923

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, proper grammar is not required in a forum. However, it is greatly appreciated that people can type/speak correctly for the sake of others to read the message. I'm sure you've come across somebody's post where they don't use a single period at all (when there are supposed to be like five seperate sentences). Annoying isn't it? Don't need to be hostile when someone tries to correct your grammar.

On topic: Did you get it to work correctly yet?

12. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you using the nunchuck? Sometimes I have trouble with the wiimote showing up when the nunchick is attached, and when I remove it, the cursor comes back on screen.

13. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    While you want the cursor, you don't have to have it to do anything in the Homebrew Channel. Simply use the D-Pad on the Wiimote to go up/down, and - and + to change pages, and A to confirm options. The use of the pointer is extra material.