Homebrew Channel Launcher crashing when loading an RPX File!

Awesome_neos145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, My Wii U is crashing when loading (ANY) rpx file from the Homebrew Channel Launcher. I am on 5.5.5 U and I am using the Tiramisu jailbreak. Any help will be appreciated.
The only way to fix this is to load an rpx in the Mii Maker app and go back into the Channel Launcher. (Which kind of defeats the purpose of the Homebrew Channel Launcher)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The Homebrew Launcher Channel has no official support on Tiramisu, the Mii Maker HBL is the official way to launch homebrew.

My first suggestion would be to just transition to using Mii Maker HBL. If it helps, you might want to consider downloading the latest Homebrew Launcher build from here. You'll need a GitHub account to access that page, so I've also attached the download to this post, if you trust random message board attachments.

That latest build can replace your current one in sd:/wiiu/apps (use the regular build, not the debug one) and allows you to return to the Wii U Menu by pressing Home, instead of having to exit via Mii Maker--if you do need Mii Maker, you can simply press the Minus button, as noted in the bottom left. For me, the inconvenience of exiting via Mii Maker was the only thing keeping me on the Homebrew Launcher Channel.

If none of that interests you, you can keep using the Homebrew Launcher Channel with a couple of workarounds. If you have some older ELF format homebrew, e.g. ftpiiu, you can launch that, exit it, then launch the RPX homebrew you actually want to load and it will run fine.

Alternatively, you can remove the hbl_installer.rpx from your sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup directory (path is from memory, if I don't have it exactly right, have a look around). This will mean the Homebrew Launcher is no longer being injected into Mii Maker, and the legacy Homebrew Launcher Channel should function normally.

Attachments

• binary-6a0725d.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 155

Awesome_neos145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Launcher Channel has no official support on Tiramisu, the Mii Maker HBL is the official way to launch homebrew.

My first suggestion would be to just transition to using Mii Maker HBL. If it helps, you might want to consider downloading the latest Homebrew Launcher build from here. You'll need a GitHub account to access that page, so I've also attached the download to this post, if you trust random message board attachments.

That latest build can replace your current one in sd:/wiiu/apps (use the regular build, not the debug one) and allows you to return to the Wii U Menu by pressing Home, instead of having to exit via Mii Maker--if you do need Mii Maker, you can simply press the Minus button, as noted in the bottom left. For me, the inconvenience of exiting via Mii Maker was the only thing keeping me on the Homebrew Launcher Channel.

If none of that interests you, you can keep using the Homebrew Launcher Channel with a couple of workarounds. If you have some older ELF format homebrew, e.g. ftpiiu, you can launch that, exit it, then launch the RPX homebrew you actually want to load and it will run fine.

Alternatively, you can remove the hbl_installer.rpx from your sd:/wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup directory (path is from memory, if I don't have it exactly right, have a look around). This will mean the Homebrew Launcher is no longer being injected into Mii Maker, and the legacy Homebrew Launcher Channel should function normally.
Thanks! Will try!

Awesome_neos145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Holy cow... It works! Thanks!

Trophies
XP
what part did work for you ?
They most likely either deleted the HBL_Installer.RPX file, or used the updated homebrew_launcher.elf

I personally took the route of deleting the RPX file since using HB via Mii Maker tended to be a bit unstable when using apps like WUP Installer, as it has a half reboot stage when starting / finishing an install which causes slowdowns and crashes. However it works smoothly on the Homebrew Launcher Channel app.

Trophies
XP
When I deleted the RPX file, the console shows an error when starting the Homebrew Launcher.

You most likely don't have sigpatches on your sd-card.

But yk, it would be immensely helpful if you actually said which error you get instead of just saying "an error".

For example, had you said the error was error code: 199-9999, it would be immediately noticable that sigpatches was the issue.

Reactions: markus0311

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.