Hacking homebrew channel, is it really useful?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on I really want to know what happens in a few weeks :O!
Listen here: there's somewhat of a war going on - between users insisting to stay on 9.9 and those saying update.

The 9.9 users promise free games, ROM hacking, injection, etc. in return for not updating, a promise still unfulfilled.

The 10.1 users, well, they think that there's no kernel exploit only in 9.9 and it doesn't really matter.

The GBATemp Firmwar rages on!

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Listen here: there's somewhat of a war going on - between users insisting to stay on 9.9 and those saying update.

The 9.9 users promise free games, ROM hacking, injection, etc. in return for not updating, a promise still unfulfilled.

The 10.1 users, well, they think that there's no kernel exploit only in 9.9 and it doesn't really matter.

The GBATemp Firmwar rages on!
I have proof of why not to update. Im not a troll like the others

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have to wait just a few weeks. I dont want everyone to get hyped up over something thats not released. Otherwise you'll claim im trolling
Then your "proof" was worth nothing and I recommend you stop derailing threads with your baseless claims before you get warned or possibly banned.
Come back in two weeks if you have anything, otherwise don't make claims you can't back up.

The_Meistro

GBATemp's "Official" Hank Hill
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Then your "proof" was worth nothing and I recommend you stop derailing threads with your baseless claims before you get warned or possibly banned.
Come back in two weeks if you have anything, otherwise don't make claims you can't back up.
I can back them up. But at this point in time i am choosing not to. If you would like me to stop "derailing" threads. Then maybe you should stop asking for proof

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
trolls all around us

ok so can someone please give me a straight answer about how can I possibly play online on sky3ds without updating sysNAND and what are the pro and cons with or without updating on sky3ds until this guy get banned?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wow this meistro guy has been here since august and already he's a well known troll. good job! i wonder if its a record.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trolls all around us

ok so can someone please give me a straight answer about how can I possibly play online on sky3ds without updating sysNAND and what are the pro and cons with or without updating on sky3ds until this guy get banned?
for 3ds games for the most part system version does not matter
for the 3ds eshop system version does matter
the 3ds games have there own updates so if the game is not up to date then you cant go online with it
with a sky 3ds you will need to set up headers (per game) as well in order to go online or risk a ban

edit pros of updating you can access the eshop and other improvements(?) nintendo makes to the 3ds firmware
cons you give up the hope that keeps your 3ds in a lower fw version (wishing and waiting for kernel access) as a hack will more likely be for a lower fw version that whatever the newest is/(will be)

Last edited by wormdood,

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
for 3ds games for the most part system version does not matter
for the 3ds eshop system version does matter
the 3ds games have there own updates so if the game is not up to date then you cant go online with it
with a sky 3ds you will need to set up headers (per game) as well in order to go online or risk a ban
ok so I can go online without updating as long as use my own header? how do I do that? and is a game like pokemon x will be a problem?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I can go online without updating as long as use my own header? how do I do that? and is a game like pokemon x will be a problem?
1. sounds like you got it
2. i dont own a sky myself but "headers" are explained in this guide [Guide] Everything under the Sky3DS
3. i am unsure here as i never used headers so i dont know the errors/problems/bugs

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia

1.Games that needed update doesn't allow you to play online no matter what until you update your game.
2.???
3. Not sure what you mean by "problem"

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
1.Games that needed update doesn't allow you to play online no matter what until you update your game.
2.???
3. Not sure what you mean by "problem"
pokemon is the main title of every mobile console so the game will probably demand many updates

so what I meant basically if you think that the Pokémon X will need to update if I'm on 9.5?

and by that it will deny me from playing online

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon is the main title of every mobile console so the game will probably demand many updates

so what I meant basically if you think that the Pokémon X will need to update if I'm on 9.5?

and by that it will deny me from playing online
oh yep there are updates for pokemon x/y and, or/as as well, so for those "i think you will need to update nand so you can use the eshop to download the updates for the games":unsure:

edit: maybe its just me but every generation that came out ive always bought at least one pokemon game as it always helps to have a retail copy (my reason tournaments . . . i mean you don't need to be a "pro gamer"to make some money with your gameplay)

Last edited by wormdood,

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
oh yep there are updates for pokemon x/y and, or/as as well, so for those "i think you will need to update nand so you can use the eshop to download the updates for the games":unsure:

edit: maybe its just me but every generation that came out ive always bought at least one pokemon game as it always helps to have a retail copy (my reason tournaments . . . i mean you don't need to be a "pro gamer"to make some money with your gameplay)
so no catching them all for me I guess..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: