Hacking Homebrew Channel gone

Captain Acehole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a huge problem. I used the cIOScorp v3.5 to install the IOSs and ever since my Homebrew Channel appeared upside down. I was unsure at first what caused this and I read some recommendations to reinstall HBC with bannerbomb. This didn't work and it said I have the latest version and just brought me back to the main menu. I, stupidly, tried deleting the HBC off of my Wii and going at it again with bannerbomb; same problem.

Now my Wii has no way of getting to the HBC AFAIK. I'm afraid I'm going to have to reformat and lose all my "stuck" save files (Mario Kart, SSBB). Is there any other way I can get HBC back?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Like always: formatting WON'T help you, it will NEVER change your IOSes. Wii is not a computer with an OS.

Your problem is simple and been answer 10k times: you only have trucha signed IOS and Hackmii Installer don't want to run on trucha signed IOSes (and that's right)
So you have to reinstall a "clean" IOS (eg: BannerBomb -> Dop-IOS / Wad Manager and do what you have to do ! )

PS: trucha signed has nothing to do with trucha capable IOSes.

Captain Acehole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Like always: formatting WON'T help you, it will NEVER change your IOSes. Wii is not a computer with an OS.

Your problem is simple and been answer 10k times: you only have trucha signed IOS and Hackmii Installer don't want to run on trucha signed IOSes (and that's right)
So you have to reinstall a "clean" IOS (eg: BannerBomb -> Dop-IOS / Wad Manager and do what you have to do ! )

PS: trucha signed has nothing to do with trucha capable IOSes.
Well I still have the Wad Manager 1.3 channel, luckily.

I just tried Dop-IOS with Bannerbomb but it doesn't seem to be working. It just brings up a black screen. Any tips as to what I'm doing wrong?

Captain Acehole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now I'm really desperate. Nothing I do seems to work.

- I can't get DOP-IOS to run. It just gives me a black screen. I put the .dol file in the SD root
- I tried doing the trucha bug restorer following: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184295 directions but when I try to downgrade IOS15, it fails midway and suggests I need a new downgrader
- My Wad Manager 1.3 channel no longer works, just a black screen too

How in the world do I restore my IOSs?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don't know why you use this TBR version (I haven't tested it)
Wiipower made two version: a 3.x to 4.1
and the other one for 4.2
I've softmoded quite a lot of wii, TBR always work.

Captain Acehole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Don't know why you use this TBR version (I haven't tested it)
Wiipower made two version: a 3.x to 4.1
and the other one for 4.2
I've softmoded quite a lot of wii, TBR always work.
I tried WiiPower's TBR 1.1 just now. Honestly, I have no idea what to do.

The directions said to choose IOS36 and downgrade IOS15 but that wouldn't work.
My system says "IOS70 65535" Does that make a difference?

Now when I try refollowing ANY of WiiPower's steps is says "Exception (DSI) Occurred" and the Wii freezes.

[EDIT]
I no longer know what IOSs I have anymore. This feels almost as bad as a brick. My Wii feels like it's unhackable now. Is there no way for me to get the Homebrew channel back?

[EDIT 2]
Finally got things to work. Following this guide was the cure. Restored a handful of IOSs with DOP-IOS. Not sure which one(s) worked. But I got HBC back now so things are good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Getting sleepy