Hacking Homebrew Channel force 4:3 instead of 16:9 on vWii

pikazz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically, I have newly installed HBC on vWi on my Wii U!

I have the 720p setting so I can record stuff from it on my Happuage, but somehow, HBC force 4:3 instead of using the default 16:9, making it having black bar on the sides! it appear that the same thing happens for Gecko aswell!

how can I prevent this for happen? is it only on 720p setting? or did I install an old version of HBC?

I know that when I lauched SSBB through vWii, it was 16:9 on the HBC before existing it out from it

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have the 720p setting so I can record stuff from it on my Happuage, but somehow, HBC force 4:3 instead of using the default 16:9, making it having black bar on the sides! it appear that the same thing happens for Gecko aswell!

how can I prevent this for happen? is it only on 720p setting? or did I install an old version of HBC?

I know that when I lauched SSBB through vWii, it was 16:9 on the HBC before existing it out from it
Its a bug that still hasnt been worked out yet. The HBC announces itself as a virtual console title, all of which launch in 4:3 on vWii. To fix this, you either need to look up a custom forwarder by JoostinOnline, or find a homebrew app that switches it back to 16:9 post entering the channel (I dont remember the name off the top of my head, but I'm fairly certain its by tuedj)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to download a Homebrew Channel Forwarder.
Install the WAD using this specific version of YAWMM

Read the FAQ at the bottom of this post.

Unless the title on the download page is incorrect, you linked a download for a forwarder for the Homebrew Browser, not the Homebrew Channel

Edit: Here is the forwarder he's talking about

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
D

Deleted User

it's to do w/ title IDs xD
(sorry for bump)
For example, CTGP's TitleID was 'CTGP' yet that means Commodore 64 game on Wii U, so now it's RMCX - R = Wii game.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by JoostinOnline,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

henryglends

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do you get the 720P setting? I have an upscaler.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.😉

How do you get the 720P setting? I have an upscaler.
That was very kind from you,to help with your Answer.👌
Unfortunately the last Reply is from 2015,I think it was solved in the Meantime...
GBAtemp Rules is not so happy with this so called "Necro Posts".
Thank you again for your Help and please have a look on the Date from the last Answer for your maybe next Posts and helpful Answers.

Have a very nice Day and thank you.😉

Reactions: henryglends

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all