Hacking Homebrew Channel doesn't work after 4.0U upgrade

drdoombot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around but haven't located a solution to this problem:

I was running 3.2U with a functional Homebrew Channel that I upgraded to version 0.3.1 before starting. I followed assassda's ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835). I was happy with 3.2U, but got Error #002 when trying to play Punch-Out!!, so I decided to upgrade.

I had no problems until Step 5 (which calls for running the IOS60 updater) because my HBC doesn't work (I get a black screen).

As far as I can tell, I'm running 4.0U, but HBC doesn't run. This is problematic because my Backup Loader Channel is running 0.3 Beta; I used to run 0.3 Gamma from the HBC.

Is the guide missing a step that caused this problem? Is it possible to get Homebrew Channel working again so I can finish the last steps of the guide (as well as get my 0.3 Gamma back)?

Any help would be appreciated.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
drdoombot said:
I've looked around but haven't located a solution to this problem:

I was running 3.2U with a functional Homebrew Channel that I upgraded to version 0.3.1 before starting. I followed assassda's ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 guide (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835). I was happy with 3.2U, but got Error #002 when trying to play Punch-Out!!, so I decided to upgrade.

I had no problems until Step 5 (which calls for running the IOS60 updater) because my HBC doesn't work (I get a black screen).

As far as I can tell, I'm running 4.0U, but HBC doesn't run. This is problematic because my Backup Loader Channel is running 0.3 Beta; I used to run 0.3 Gamma from the HBC.

Is the guide missing a step that caused this problem? Is it possible to get Homebrew Channel working again so I can finish the last steps of the guide (as well as get my 0.3 Gamma back)?

Any help would be appreciated.

You updated the HBC to 0.3.1 ...??? from where..?? alpha..??
wtf.gif

sorry, try what says above..!!

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no use banner bomber from assassdas thread and install 1.01 HBC, thats what i did im on 4.0U but im havin problems because im on offline guide....

drdoombot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, guess I was using an OLD version of HBC.

Anyways, banner bomb seems to have worked. Thanks to all who replied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: