Homebrew Homebrew channel doesn't retain theme or create save

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started making themes again, and when I went to test my latest I went back to the Wii menu then back to the Homebrew Channel and my theme reverted back to the dark water one. I tried deleting the HBC save file to see if making a new one would fix it. I went back to HBC, loaded my new theme, and then quit to go check the system memory, and there was NO SAVE FOR HBC!

What could've happened? My HBC doesn't want to stay skinned anymore, and won't make its save.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now I'm baffled. It seems to be something with the Theme itself! I just loaded one of my older themes that works, and sure enough, it WORKED. The only conclusion I can make is I did something to the theme.xml file by accident, so I'm going to tear that apart really quick and find out.

And I'm off! *woosh*

(Insert Freakazoid like action here...)

EDIT: And now I'm completely lost. The xml looked fine as far as I could tell. Could somebody take a look at this theme and tell me what could possibly be wrong with it that could cause this?

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCTH7HT6

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so the only thing I can think of is that the HBC doesn't like a certain value in the XML doucment. (The only one I can think of would be the name of the theme being too long, but I can't test this yet because my wife is asleep in the bedroom.) Or (for some strange and unusual reason) it doesn't like the amount of transparency I have in the theme. (Almost all images used have some form of alpha transparency.)

I don't know. All I know is that I need to make this work before I can consider this a proper release and move onto my next project. >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr