Homebrew Channel doesnt load any homebrew

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LTK666, Jul 16, 2010.

Jul 16, 2010
  1. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    Hi!

A friend give me a wii with a problem:

- Wii and menu work right, also games like Hasbro, GH Legend of Rock, but Smash Bross Brawl doesnt work.
    - Firmware is 4.3e waninkoko
    - Bannerbomb -> error 004
    - Homebrew channel loads with ios61 v2129
    - All apps loaded (wich I've tested) load bar get 100% and fadeout, and black screen, and nothing appears.
    - Seems to be a iso36 problem.
    - I've tried Indiana pwn exploit, but stops passed Valid ELF ...

Many thanks in advance!

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Sounds like IOS36 is corrupted, which could be tricky to fix. If you can, find a disc (any official game disc) and perform the update from it. This should install IOS36 if IOS36 was somehow deleted. However, if IOS36 is simply corrupted, but still installed, it's trickier, because ALL homebrew reloads to IOS36 by default and AFAIK HBC reloads to IOS36 before loading a homebrew.

With a source modification though, I think you can make any homebrew run without reloading to IOS36, and running it via Indiana Pwns should make it work (running via HBC still would't work because it reloads to IOS36 just before running homebrew I believe).

I'll try and find more info on the necessary source edit. Doing said edit to WAD Manager and running it via Indiana Pwns, and using it to install a WAD of the latest IOS36 should do the trick I think.

EDIT: I can't find the post I was thinking of...I'm pretty sure there is a function in libogc which automatically reloads to IOS36, but which can be disabled by adding a function of the same name to the source of the app in question. I think it was WiiPower who posted what I'm think of, but I'll try and work it out...

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    try to do the softmod guide for a 4.3 Wii, even if yours is already softmoded you might need to reupdate thru Wanin's updater, so it can reinstall the IOS correctly...!! [​IMG]

4. killplaystation

Member killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it all just happens again...way down the line

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    You should try my guide, or wiicrazy's guide- both would fix ios36.

6. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    Many thanks for all your replys

I've tried 4.3 Virgin Softmod Guide with Indiana pwn exploit, but frezzes after passed: Valid ELF image detected, and wiimote still turned on.

7. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    sorry about bumping, but any ideas?

8. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
  9. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    frezzes (or seems to bee frezzed) after passed: Valid ELF image detected, and wiimote still turned on.

Maybe couldbe possible no te be shown on the screen the program in execution but is really loaded? I think it cos the wiimode does not turn off.

10. Wack0

Member Wack0 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    no, that means it's messed up trying to load IOS36 or whatever.

11. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    There is any way to force loading homebrew by ios 61? hombrew chanel runs by ios 61 v2129, if there's a way to load dop-ios by ios61 I could repair damaged/corrupted ios..

12. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Like I said, HBC will always reload to IOS36 before loading a homebrew, and all homebrew will automatically reload to IOS36 when it starts. So to bypass this, you need to launch the homebrew via an exploit (e.g. Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack) and modify it to NOT reload to IOS36. This is vaguely tricky. You need to add a function with a specific name to the source, and make it simply return. I think its called __IOS_LoadStartupIOS();, so adding this to the top of the main source file should do the trick I think:

Code:
    s32 __IOS_LoadStartupIOS()
    {
    return 0;
    }

13. LTK666
    OP

Newcomer LTK666 Newbie

United States
    Finally SOLVED!!!

I downloaded Dop-Ios in orde to compile and add SifJar code, compiled and I decided before test el .elf file contained in download, with indiana pwn the elf load, and restore ios36 and pimp my wii in order to solve all ios problems.

Many thanks to everybody!

14. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Glad to see that your problem is solved. [​IMG]