Hacking Homebrew Channel Beta 9 and GeckoOS 1.07

toneman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any issues running the modified (trucha signed) discs for Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80's (NTSC) with the latest Homebrew Channel beta 9 and GeckoOS 1.07? When I try to load the discs I hear the DVD drive working, but it doesn't get beyond the "Launching Game", "Lang: Default"...then it just hangs there. I have to perform a hard reboot. I have tried changing settings and forcing different options. I even tried region free. It can load a standard backups fine

Anyone else having this problem or do they work fine for you?

Toneman

toneman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
latest HBC is 1.0.1 not beta 9 and have you installed the ios needed to play guitar hero?

Ok, so I have a newer version of HBC (1.0.1) that is compatible with the version of GeckoOS (1.0.7) that I am using. What else do I need to do besides trying to launch the game in GeckoOS? What exactly do you mean by "have you installed the ios needed to play guitar hero"? I am new to the HBC and GeckoOS
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
you'll need to look it up then, it's best you learn a bit about what your doing before trying to do it

toneman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
you'll need to look it up then, it's best you learn a bit about what your doing before trying to do it

I meant that I was new to using the HBC and GeckoOS (together). Not totally new to HBC. I have been using HBC to run emulators and applications with no problem. I would like to know why my modified games are not loading in GeckoOS. I have researched the forums and have tried many things.... it appears that I am doing everything right.

Just looking for a little guidance from those willing to help

Toneman

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
you should downgrad to 3.2, then try it again

EDIT

do the 1:1 copies of the games work?
have you updated via the disks?
what modchip do you have?
have you got IOS - 35 installed?

toneman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
what firmware are you on?

My modified (trucha signed) discs for Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80's (NTSC) were working before the Nintendo update that stopped trucha signed from booting. From what I read, I thought I could simply install GeckoOS and boot them from there. I tried all the different settings, region free force ntsc etc. It will launch normal backup's so it appears to be functioning properly. I really just wanted to know if anyone else was having issues running their modified (trucha signed) discs for Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80's (NTSC) or if there had been any changes

Do the 1:1 copies of the games work? All my 1:1 backups work, including NGC Multidisks
have you updated via the disks? I believe I have updated via some disks
what modchip do you have? Wiikey (Ver 1)
have you got IOS - 35 installed? No, not sure how this would be done

Thanks again

toneman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Will modified games work in GeckoOS using Wii firmware 3.4U?
yeah but what do you mean modified? TRUCHA SIGNED? if so make sure your in geckoOS before inserting the disc!

Right, TRUCHA SIGNED. I have Wiikey v1 (1.9s Update), Wii 3.4U, GeckoOS 1.07 and HBC 1.0.1. All my original backups work. When I launch GeckOS and insert my modified Guitar Hero Discs, I launch the discs and hear the DVD drive working, but it doesn't get beyond the "Launching Game", "Lang: Default"...then it just hangs there. I have to perform a hard reboot. I have tried changing settings and forcing different options. I even tried region free.

Any help will be appreciated...

Toneman

RCintron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the exact same problem: I installed the HBC and gecko os just to play GH 80s, but my wii freezes in the launching screen

This is what I have installed:
HBC 1.0.1, gecko os 1.07b, 3.3U, Wiifree chip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2