Hacking Homebrew channel automatically going to lumas

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a issue earlier where I didnt have lumas installed over my rxtools. But now im having an issue reinstalling menuhax since I cant seem to load the homebrew channel anymore. It might have something to do with my boot file being for lumas now but im not sure. Could anyone shed some light on this?

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete any boot.3dsx and replace it with the one from the starter pack
thanks!! that solved my issue. is there a way to go back to just auto booting to emunand or will that cause another issue. I just dont want to dependent on an internet connection to boot into lumas everytime

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install menuhax
I installed menuhax but it currently goes to the homebrew launcher upon start up. Correct me if im wrong but isnt a internet connection needed to go into the homebrew launcher(sorry if its a stupid question)

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have Menuhax, internet isn't required for both, the hax and the homebrew launcher.

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Menuhax, internet isn't required for both, the hax and the homebrew launcher.
I see after doing a little research I found I could replace the bootfile I had initially so that it automatically goes into it. But thats good to know

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not. The Homebrew Launcher is that Boot.3dsx file you put on the SD card. There's a few options you can do for auto boot such as using a boot manager that is set to then boot Luma unless you interrupt it with a configurable button. Homebrew Launcher can be another option in the boot manager. Or you can install A9LH and that would auto boot your emuNAND without messing with the Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx file.

Justkil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's not. The Homebrew Launcher is that Boot.3dsx file you put on the SD card. There's a few options you can do for auto boot such as using a boot manager that is set to then boot Luma unless you interrupt it with a configurable button. Homebrew Launcher can be another option in the boot manager. Or you can install A9LH and that would auto boot your emuNAND without messing with the Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx file.
I see, I changed my boot file in order to make it easier but I made sure to put the homebrew launcher boot file somewhere where I could find it if I needed it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You can also hex edit the otherapp payload to load a custom named 3dsx (must be four characters), then use Luma's 3dsx to autoboot EmuNAND. Though it's probably a good idea to move to A9LH already while you still can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...