Homebrew Channel and Uloader in Wii 4.2 problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MagnusHell, Apr 18, 2011.

1. MagnusHell
    OP

Newcomer MagnusHell Member

United States
    Well guys , my wii it's giving some problems, when i start the homebrew channel sometimes i notice that he take a little too long to start and show the applications. But worst than this when i select the Uloader ( i'm using a external DVD disc drive ) the Uloader doens't start...the console just show a black sreen and all i can do it's hard reset the console...this happens some isolated times...could be the console? or it's just a problem of cios ios or i all this shit?
    On top of that happening, Donkey Kong country returns and kirby epic yarn make the same "problem" here, when i entered some random level, the music stops...but i can continue playing well...then when the game load for something...he freezes....this same thing happened on DKCR, and Kirny Epic yarn in the same way; but i don't see this in any other game till now...only in these two...
    If you guys know something that can help my mind understand these problems i'm grateful...i just want to know if this is a problem with the CONSOLE because i'm have the warranty...thanks dudes.

2. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You could try updating your cIOS' if you haven't done it in a long time, DKCR is a newer game and would need newer ios'. The freezing problems your having reminds me of my ps3 which does the same thing with its semi broken disc drive. any game that have to load a lot freeze while games that don't work fine. could you run syscheck and give us your your report? might help to know what cIOS versions your running.

As for the warranty you don't have it anymore if you soft modded your wii. as soon as you soft mod your wii it becomes void.

3. MagnusHell
    OP

Newcomer MagnusHell Member

United States
    I'm using the configuration i see in a tutorial to softmod the wii 4.2U ( because mine it's one of the black wiis with comes already with system menu 4.2 ) so i think i don't have the newer cios, ios...., plus i doubt it's a problem of disc drive because i'm using a new external one..., i will try to make the systemcheck but i don't know how to do this very well.