Hacking Homebrew Channel and Loadiine GX2 not working with micro sd adapter [fsgetmountsourcefailNEED HELP]

2Lazy2Play

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a Sandisk 32 Micro SD Card and a Sandisk Adapter. I have homebrew installed on 2 sd cards I already have, 1 8gb and the other 1gb. I wanted to try use my micro sd for homebrew so i copied the files from my sd card into my micro sd, put it in the adapter and put it in the wii u, I started it up normally and tried to boot up both homebrew launcher and loadiine but for some reason I keep getting a message that says FSGetMountSource Failed. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in then trying again but it still won't work, I have it on Fat32. How do you fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Be patient. Don't bump after only 20 minutes.
2. Simply try another SD card.
3. If you can't try another, take the card out, blow into the slot gently and then try. Make sure the card isn't damaged.
4. Try reformatting it to FAT32 again and then put HBL and GX2 on it again and then try.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a Sandisk 32 Micro SD Card and a Sandisk Adapter. I have homebrew installed on 2 sd cards I already have, 1 8gb and the other 1gb. I wanted to try use my micro sd for homebrew so i copied the files from my sd card into my micro sd, put it in the adapter and put it in the wii u, I started it up normally and tried to boot up both homebrew launcher and loadiine but for some reason I keep getting a message that says FSGetMountSource Failed. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in then trying again but it still won't work, I have it on Fat32. How do you fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

As Robins stated, FSGetMountSource sounds like a function designed to initialize a point of origin on your SD card, but it can't find the correct file system. Try formatting to FAT32 again and make sure you have the correct cluster amount -- 64 I believe, can someone else confirm?

And as was stated wait longer to bump. Best rule of thumb is wait til it gets to he second or third page.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks
You should change your handle to "2lazy2search"

Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

2Lazy2Play

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As Robins stated, FSGetMountSource sounds like a function designed to initialize a point of origin on your SD card, but it can't find the correct file system. Try formatting to FAT32 again and make sure you have the correct cluster amount -- 64 I believe, can someone else confirm?

And as was stated wait longer to bump. Best rule of thumb is wait til it gets to he second or third page.

Just saw that it says Micro SDHC on the card, could this be a problem?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not interested in any other cards, I want to use this card because its 32 gb, my structure is the same as the one on my other sd card which works
Unfortunately GX2 is really finicky with what cards it will accept. That's why I suggested using another card to test and see if it actually boots. Now we know that there's a problem with your actual card and not the way you set up GX2.

No offense, but if you want help you have to be very clear with the information you give us. We need lots of details (but not all of them, we don't need to know what your dog's name is) in order to give you the right instructions for your specific solution.

Try using the other SD card you have and see if it will work. If it does, copy the exact folder structure to the 32GB card and then try and load GX2 and report back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs