Hacking Homebrew Channel 9 - Update Problem

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi, last week i updated the HBC (auto update when starting) through the wii. I didn't like it because some emulators (elf boot files) didn't work, so i deleted the HBC (9) and installed HBC 8 again. Everything worked again.

Today i started the homebrew channel again and not one of the apps worked, no emulator and not even Gecko. The Emulators keep telling me there is a problem / there is no SD-Card (but there is, i've used it for over a year). I tried another SD-Card (FAT16 of course) and nothing worked, so it's not the sd-cards.

I've tried to update the Homebrew Channel again to v9 but now it doesn't work! I get this error message:
"iosALLoc titles failed
You may want to check your booting method for sanity, or just try again"

wtf???!!!

I've also tried to install the HBC9 through the Twilight Hack but the installation doesn't finish.

So at the moment i only have a HBC 8 that doesn't work - i can't use a single application!
I have no idea what this cios talk is that is going around for quite a while, i have never ever done anything cios-ish
smile.gif

(i have a PAL Wii with v3.2e)

Someone please help!!!
smile.gif

( a WAD for HomebrewChannel9 would be just fine )

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe your sd card is causing the problems. Try error checking on it. Try another card if available. If the problems stay, backup the whole card to your HDD, reformat the card with this tool:http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html
and copy your stuff back. You should use this tool for sd card formatting, because Mcrosoft creates a non standard filesystem on the card. (Yes i know, both are FAT32, but the Windows one is crap).

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
- I've installed the wad of beta 8 many times, sorry, you don't help one bit

- There is no problem with the sd-card(s), everything works fine when using the Homebrew Launcher Channel but not with the Homebrew Channel

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Files are backed up, of course

but reformatting doesn't help wit the HBC problem, fact is that everything works fine when using Homebrew Launcher instead of Homebrew Channel

Is there a tool that removes all the Homebrew Channel stuff and not only the channel itself?
I didn't want to try WAD-Uninstaller because i guess it removes every wad there is.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I tried another SD-Card (FAT16 of course) and nothing worked, so it's not the sd-cards
it wouldn't just F**k up, something must be wrong with your SD's...what happens when you load up homebrew channel??
you might have an incorrect meta file which causes a code dump etc.

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
djdynamite123 said:
just remove it from data management or via uninstalling wad if you have beta 8

then re-install beta 8 and update to beta9, cant understand you having this problem!
that's exactly what i did like 15 times today!
biggrin.gif

problem is still there. i guess HBC is screwed up that's why i want to remove it completely and not only delete the channel

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
problem is still there. i guess HBC is screwed up that's why i want to remove it completely and not only delete the channel
never heard of this, if you've removed it via data management, it should be gone...
there isn't a wad of beta 9. cannot be done ive tried. even if there was that would do nothing.
you tried removing via any title deleter? with wiictpload

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
from the homebrew channel homepage FAQ:

# Can I easily uninstall the channel?
# Ofcourse, just remove it as any other ordinary savegame or channel through "data management" in the Wii settings menu.

# Will this remove all traces of the channel?
# No, since there are many logs and other tidbits that remain, created by the Wii software. However, none of these should cause any issues.

As i said, only hbc has a problem not homebrew launcher, so there must be something to fix it

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try formatting your SD card and re-installing HBC 8 again

*awaits head bashing*

If that fails see if you can get your hands on a Coby 512 MB Sd cards... they are great

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
no-one else has came across this issue except you..
if you've deleted the channel you've deleted it, doesn't matter there's still traces.
it should remove the channel!!!
so tell me what happens when you try loading into homebrew channel??

QUOTE said:
Tray formatting your SD card and re-installing HBC 8 again

already been told and he's tried..?? wtf has he done

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol - i know , i was only taking the piss

theres 3 things it could be :
1. Corrupt SD cards
2. Corrupt Zips
3. Messed up SD card reader (only 1 other on the forums has a problem with an SD reader)

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
djdynamite123 said:
so tell me what happens when you try loading into homebrew channel??
It loads fine (Homebrew Channel Beta 8), i can start Snes9x, genplus, fcgeux ... but when i start one of the emus it tells me that the settings are resetted and when i try to boot any roms it keeps telling me sd-card not found
(it worked the past weeks and months, i've played a lot [Mario Kart SNES] but since i updated to hbc9 last week it's screwed up)

the message "SC-Card not found" is in hbc only, as i said everything works fine when i'm using homebrew launcher (i just tested Mario Kart again). Oh, and copy/delete channels/saves from/to sd-card works fine also, so there is definitely no problem with my sd-cards.

Raylene2K7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
hmm..... so do you understand the message?:
"iosALLoc titles failed
You may want to check your booting method for sanity, or just try again"

I have no idea what this exactly means and how to fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum