ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever tried to duplicate the awesomeness of the Homebrew Channel on the DS. I was just thinking about this yesterday. I wonder if it has ever been brought up before.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe there is also GameUp...its probably not done because of the limit in the wifi library that only allows for up to 15kb transfer rate xD (DSLinux doesn't have that problem because it uses a modified wifi library).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
I believe there is also GameUp...its probably not done because of the limit in the wifi library that only allows for up to 15kb transfer rate xD (DSLinux doesn't have that problem because it uses a modified wifi library).

15kb? I thought it was 4kb. Either way, pathetically slow.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he's talking about a web browser, I think he's talking about a database of DS homebrew that you can download straight to your flashcart.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed the topic title for you.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: