Hacking Homebrew apps on home screen

MrFrodo18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have homebrew apps on the home menu? I want to launch WUP installer (and other apps like loadiine, retroarch, etc) from my home menu without having to go into my homebrew channel first. Is there a way to package that as an installable file?

So basically, like a forwarder, similar to that on the Wii.

Sorry for this noob question. Thanks for being helpful!

Last edited by MrFrodo18,

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with Haxchi, you can modify it so when you start it with pressing different buttons to invoke different launchers. So for instance, pressing A could launch CFW directly, etc. It's far from having a unique icon for each app, but it is a start. And probably won't be long from now until you can install home screen launchers.

MrFrodo18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've already got haxchi installed and the homebrew app on my home screen. Im just being a lazy American and want things within easier reach. Lol.
But really, I'm so thankful for the work that all the developers have done.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I've already got haxchi installed and the homebrew app on my home screen. Im just being a lazy American and want things within easier reach. Lol.
But really, I'm so thankful for the work that all the developers have done.
At least you're honest. :P
I think as soon as a "full CFW" comes out there will be something like FBI and homebrews as CIA files so just wait patiently. ;)

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's perfectly possible: Create custom Nintendo DS virtual console titles based on an exploitable game and inject Haxchi. Haxchi, in a way, works like the forwarders did on the old Wii (minus the bannerbrick risk).

The bad thing is, each of these Haxchi titles will register als Mii Maker in your daily stats.

Reactions: Kappcy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head