Homebrew Apps From HDD Better & Cheaper Than SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by clay.r.08, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clay.r.08
    OP

Banned clay.r.08 Banned

United States
    I like to format the first few gb's of my hard drive to fat32 and put the homebrew apps and everything in the hard drive and not have to depend on a sd card at all for playing wii games or emulators

I got a few different hard drives with 2 partitions (fat32 & wbfs) the first 16gb formated to fat32, and all of these hard drives work on the old wii console homebrew channel showing any apps i put in the apps folder

So far i have only tested 1 hard drive and it did not show apps on new wii u v wii homebrew channel
    This hard drive is showing and playing the apps on the old wii console

This hard drive is a pocket size usb powered usb 3.0

( i just remembered that i read somewhere about the wii u having low power for usb powered hard drives , im gonna try a hard drive with a wall power supply and post my results )

Its working great with the wall plug hard drive, the wii u definity has low usb power

2. Scuba156

Member Scuba156 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ok......???

3. clay.r.08
    OP

Banned clay.r.08 Banned

United States
    well it was important to me, and i was prepard to spend days testing this with different hard drives

but as soon i typed the words usb powered when making this thread that is when i remembered reading that the wii u has low usb power for usb powered hard drive
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.