Homebrew Apps From HDD Better & Cheaper Than SD Card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by clay.r.08, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clay.r.08
    OP

clay.r.08 Banned

Banned
    Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    I like to format the first few gb's of my hard drive to fat32 and put the homebrew apps and everything in the hard drive and not have to depend on a sd card at all for playing wii games or emulators

I got a few different hard drives with 2 partitions (fat32 & wbfs) the first 16gb formated to fat32, and all of these hard drives work on the old wii console homebrew channel showing any apps i put in the apps folder

So far i have only tested 1 hard drive and it did not show apps on new wii u v wii homebrew channel
    This hard drive is showing and playing the apps on the old wii console

This hard drive is a pocket size usb powered usb 3.0

( i just remembered that i read somewhere about the wii u having low power for usb powered hard drives , im gonna try a hard drive with a wall power supply and post my results )

Its working great with the wall plug hard drive, the wii u definity has low usb power

2. Scuba156

Scuba156 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2010
    Ok......???

3. clay.r.08
    OP

clay.r.08 Banned

Banned
    Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    well it was important to me, and i was prepard to spend days testing this with different hard drives

but as soon i typed the words usb powered when making this thread that is when i remembered reading that the wii u has low usb power for usb powered hard drive
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice