Hacking Homebrew and Original games

akke92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GBAtemp users!

As you probably already have noticed im very new to this forum so pardon me if the questions asked in this posts might already exist somewhere else on the forums.

So i got the Nintendo Wii U updated to the latest system update, its just a couple of months old and no soft nor hard mods or any other modifications have been done to it. It's on factory firmware.

And i'm wondering.. If i Install homebrew to the console will it prevent me from playing online on game's like Mario kart 8 or Super smash bros? Cause these games i've purchased and i dont feel like loosing the best experience in these games?

Also, am i able to update the system when updates are available? or do i have to stay on the same update as i installed the homebrew on? Cause if not then that would mean i cant even play the games i have purchased for the Wii U, right?

The second question is, Is there any risks of getting a banned console by installing homebrew on it?

Sorry again if i've asked questions that already exists on the forums..
Thank you!

Cheers.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
You can still go online with the games you bought, however future firmwares might prevent you (temporary) from using homebrew.

akke92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can still go online with the games you bought, however future firmwares might prevent you (temporary) from using homebrew.

But once there is new System updates coming, how do i update without loosing the homebrew? do i have to reinstall the homebrew to the console or?
Sorry for being noobish :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But once there is new System updates coming, how do i update without loosing the homebrew? do i have to reinstall the homebrew to the console or?
Sorry for being noobish :P

Turn off standby and automatic downloads, and whenever an update is announced, look here before updating. There will always be a fairly detailed cover of what the update does and what it affects in this sub-forum. If it affects vWii homebrew in any way, don't update until a solution is presented, but so far its looking like its never going to (there was one update that bricked the update feature, but it was unintentional on Nintendo's part because it only happened if users patched a vIOS, as long as you don't screw with system files you should be fine)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBAtemp users!

As you probably already have noticed im very new to this forum so pardon me if the questions asked in this posts might already exist somewhere else on the forums.

So i got the Nintendo Wii U updated to the latest system update, its just a couple of months old and no soft nor hard mods or any other modifications have been done to it. It's on factory firmware.

And i'm wondering.. If i Install homebrew to the console will it prevent me from playing online on game's like Mario kart 8 or Super smash bros? Cause these games i've purchased and i dont feel like loosing the best experience in these games?

Also, am i able to update the system when updates are available? or do i have to stay on the same update as i installed the homebrew on? Cause if not then that would mean i cant even play the games i have purchased for the Wii U, right?

The second question is, Is there any risks of getting a banned console by installing homebrew on it?

Sorry again if i've asked questions that already exists on the forums..
Thank you!

Cheers.
Are you asking about vWii (wii mode)bhomebrew or wii u homebrew (once the kernel exploit is out and a good dev community stems from it?

The answer varies significantly depending on what you're asking about...

akke92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That info's outdated, it works on all FWs

Wait... 5.4.3? Not 5.3.2??

Sorry, i meant to write 5.3.2 :P
So it works on that FW? Well then all i need to get is a 2gb SD-card and i'm good to go i suppose. Oh, and i need some original wii game!
But sticking to the first question, I can still play my pruchased games onlline and so on right? :)

Oh and i read somewhere that you should block some ip's so that the Wii U wont update automaticly, is that needed?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i meant to write 5.3.2 :P
So it works on that FW? Well then all i need to get is a 2gb SD-card and i'm good to go i suppose. Oh, and i need some original wii game!
But sticking to the first question, I can still play my pruchased games onlline and so on right? :)

Oh and i read somewhere that you should block some ip's so that the Wii U wont update automaticly, is that needed?

You're fine, Nintendo can't even detect what goes on in vWii mode, supposedly. As for IP addresses, read the stickies and they will tell you. That's not required if you are just modding the vWii, though

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs