Hacking Homebrew and hacking question

ryuusen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what card should i get my 3ds is up to date firmware wise and i want to use one for foreign games with translation patches but i do not want a bricked 3DS

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
You can not brick your 3DS by using a flash kit, that is an old ugly rumor. The Supercard DS2 and the R4i Gold work great on the 3DS. Some other carts received patches but those are currently the best two. DS2 offers exclusive emulation, extra features (real time save, slow-motion, fuzzy cheat finder, video player, pdf reader, etc). R4i gold is a no fuss solution that supports the excellent wood kernel, it is also much cheaper.

-another world

Reactions: Jiehfeng

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will need a ds lite to upgrade your cart possibly. Try to make sure it's up to date as well, which might not be possible.

ryuusen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can not brick your 3DS by using a flash kit, that is an old ugly rumor. The Supercard DS2 and the R4i Gold work great on the 3DS. Some other carts received patches but those are currently the best two. DS2 offers exclusive emulation, extra features (real time save, slow-motion, fuzzy cheat finder, video player, pdf reader, etc). R4i gold is a no fuss solution that supports the excellent wood kernel, it is also much cheaper.

-another world
now does the r4 gold support other emulator/programs as well?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: porkiewpyne

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't recommend the supercard. Shoddy build quality and a bunch of us can't even get it to work at all with our 3DS's. I recommend almost any other card

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really see how you think its bad when almost everyone else thinks its an excellent card.
But this is just my thoughts.

I'd link to the external thread on the supercard site but i dunno the policy here. Also any chip where you might have to "slip a piece of paper" in to make it contact better is bad quality is my book

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd link to the external thread on the supercard site but i dunno the policy here. Also any chip where you might have to "slip a piece of paper" in to make it contact better is bad quality is my book
Yes, but nothing is perfect. From my understanding, a lot of cards need a "slip of paper."
Maybe you just got a defective or an early batch.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had contact issues at all, the only thing that I find annoying about the supercard is that it fits a bit snug inside the cartridge slot. Also, if you do get one, be careful if you use the updateb method to update the card, make sure if you do it that you do not even touch the 3ds for around 5 minutes. Most people who have non working cards (from what I've seen on the forums at least) tried the updateb method and got impatient and bricked their cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM