Homeberw and piracy

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by bnwchbammer, Mar 23, 2010.

?

For your console of choice, do you use homebrew or pirate?

1. Homebrew and pirate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Homebrew only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pirate only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mar 23, 2010

Homeberw and piracy by bnwchbammer at 3:20 PM (2,526 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. bnwchbammer
    OP

Member bnwchbammer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok guys, I've got a research paper to write on homebrew and piracy. So I figure I'll take a sample size poll. Please answer honestly, I know there have been polls similar to this, but I wanted a fresh poll, so tell people to do this, I'll throw it in my sig eventually. Thanks for helping!

PS
    Console of choice can mean PS3, or it can mean Wii or other hackable console. The one you play the most I would say.

Wanna help some more?
    Visit this topic, and answer the question!

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    PiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePi
    atePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePirat
    PiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePi
    atePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePirat
    PiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePiratePirate

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Just consoles or handhelds, too? [​IMG]

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    my friend [​IMG] said:

Homebrew and pirate(money reasons)

Did you buy your console of choice because it had homebrew/pirating capabilities?

no

How much do you pirate?

I generally only pirate games.(money reasons)

5. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    hmm im not sure how to answer in the polls seeing as though my console of choice isnt hackable(PS3) but i do however pirate a lot on Wii/DS

6. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
  7. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    ok then for console of choice do you use homebrew or pirate?i put neither
    Did you buy your console of choice because it had homebrew/pirating capabilities?no
    How much do you pirate?i generally only pirate games.i do however buy a ton of PS3/Xbox 360 games (100+games combined)but i've pirated way more DS/Wii games then games i actually own so pirating games for me is more then actually buying.

8. Tac 21

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  9. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
  10. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    I bought my Wii and DS to play awesome Nintendo games, not to pirate or to run homebrew. A year ago I read something about homebrew and here we are today, pirate shit games but buy games that are worthy.

11. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Answers to poll:
    1) 1
    2) 2
    3) 3

I bought my DS and Wii to play bought games, but that all changed when I leaned about Homebrew. I know now to look out for hackable consoles. When I pirate a game, it's usually to test it... But most games don't make it to my buy list. Three exceptions so far are: Pokemon Soul Silver, Crystal Chronicles Echos of Time, and Suikoden Teirkreis.

12. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I buy and pirate depending on the game.

13. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I'm the same as thegame. I'll buy games I like but I've got plenty of pirated stuff. I do use homebrew as well.

14. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got my ds because my friends had one. I bought 3 games before learning about flashcards. Now me and all of my friends have archives of $1000+ worth of ds games. I got the wii because of the motion controllers. I bought 4 wii games before deciding to softmod. I have $300+ worth of pirated wii games and counting.

15. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    I didn't even learn about pirating until six months or so ago. For money issues (though not a significant excuse to steal) is the reason why I pirate. There will always be games I will never pirate though, such as Golden Sun, and Fire Emblem to name a couple.

16. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    1; 2; 2

Though I've started pirating on my Wii more...expensive...

17. Frip

Newcomer Frip Advanced Member

United States
    Started out by buying wii/ds games. Only recently all the consoles I have were hacked. (DS/Wii/iPodTouch/PSP)
    For the poll... yes I bought a used PSP 2000 just for cfw/free movies/games. lol

18. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    why pay when you can get something for free

ans

but i only started homebrew and pirate recently

19. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    i only pirate ds titles, the stationary thing is to complex for my taste and the attraction to buy games for wii is bigger than the will to pirate something for it:.

20. Gvaz

Member Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I mostly download a game to "check it out" but i never play through an entire game without buying it.

Some games don't have demos so there's no way I'm spending $50-60 on a leap of faith. I buy way more games than I financially should however, I've spent close to $1000 in steam games and what not.

I'd buy a ps3 if you could pirate on it and basically is why I have not purchased one.