Hacking Home menu loads with black screen and freeze system with music playing.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what happened. I was playing a game just fine when i decided to inject a GBA save into VC game . I loaded decrypt9 and went to the menu accidentally pressed a different option. I think is called NCCH FIRMS dump. I went to load the system home menu and this happens, can anyone help?:unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could do that, but the only one i have is from when after i installed a9lh. So that mean i will lose all my data right?
Still i like to know what option on decrypt9 could have caused this.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You don't have a TWL cart inserted, by chance?

I highly doubt D9 caused this, honestly. Dumping NCCH firms shouldn't cause a brick like that.

You shouldn't lose any data as it's stored on the SD card, but you'll need to reinstall tickets for your games.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have a TWL cart inserted, by chance?

I highly doubt D9 caused this, honestly. Dumping NCCH firms shouldn't cause a brick like that.

You shouldn't lose any data as it's stored on the SD card, but you'll need to reinstall tickets for your games.
What is twl cart? I had super smash bros 3ds in my system.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that shouldn't cause it, then.

Just restore a backup, like I said you won't lose data.
I just wanna be sure. The file is from a fresh new system. It was formatted prior to using it. After i installed a9lh, i made the backup, but i also did system transfer, so it also have my nintendo network id and my eshop downloads on it. If i restore it, then i won't have that information anymore. Still will my data be retained?

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just wanna be sure. The file is from a fresh new system. It was formatted prior to using it. After i installed a9lh, i made the backup, but i also did system transfer, so it also have my nintendo network id and my eshop downloads on it. If i restore it, then i won't have that information anymore. Still will my data be retained?
That stuff is in Ninteno's "cloud."

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before doing anything, it seems there is an error with home menu loading, try deleting it's save data (nintendo 3ds/id0/id1/extdata/00040000/00000098)
What will this do?
Yeah, if you happened to install a theme beforehand, read the above.
I swapped sd cards that has one with no data but the a9lh file, it didnt help, there was no theme data on there.
You can use the recovery update with the latest versions of A9LH and Luma3DS.
I would like at least 10 people total confirm this cause i want to be sure a9lh won't be lost.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i have seen this happen on totally legit consoles, does the "shutdown" screen appear if the power button is pressed?

not sure exactly what causes this issue, but back before a9lh was a thing i unbricked a console that had a sililar issue by just restoring a nand backup, the only thing you will really loose is you will have to re-install any apps you installed since the backup was made (unless you formatted between, inwhich case saves etc are an issue, but with decrypt9 you can backup your movable.sed file and still get back to pretty much exactly where you were before the brick

Reactions: astronautlevel

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have seen this happen on totally legit consoles, does the "shutdown" screen appear if the power button is pressed?
The screen is blank, there is no image. Just music from system menu, i can breifly move the cursor cause i hear it move seconds after boot. the system freezes, i had to hold power until it shut off or pull battery out.

D

Deleted User

I have this happen to me sometimes, and it seems to either fix itself after a few minutes or get fixed by a reboot. It only started once I set up a9lh. Are you using Luma, and if so, are you on the latest version of Luma?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this happen to me sometimes, and it seems to either fix itself after a few minutes or get fixed by a reboot. It only started once I set up a9lh. Are you using Luma, and if so, are you on the latest version of Luma?
I dunno what happened. I was playing a game just fine when i decided to inject a GBA save into VC game . I loaded decrypt9 and went to the menu accidentally pressed a different option.
Did you read this carefully? This is a recent problem. The system had a9lh installed since middle of june and it was working fine, the problem occured today after accessing decrypt9.

I am not so sure it was all i did. i checked my sd card and new files were found, i did dump stuff but wonder if i did something else without knowing.I just know the cursor was left on a dump option. when i returned. that is what i remember.:unsure:

now i just wanna know a few things.
  1. What are the list of options in the latest decrypt9 that can cause this or any other malfunction?
  2. does recovery update work without issues of a9lh with my n3ds with 11.0.0-33 u using luma cfe 6.1.2 Please confirm. (leasf 10 people or proof)
  3. Is there a way to reflash firmware? how can i do it with boot payloads only?
  4. if no other answers are clear i will do nand restore.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
D

Deleted User

Did you read this carefully? This is a recent problem. The system had a9lh installed since middle of june and it was working fine, the problem occured today after accessing decrypt9.

I am not so sure it was all i did. i checked my sd card and new files were found, i did dump stuff but wonder if i did something else without knowing.I just know the cursor was left on a dump option. when i returned. that is what i remember.:unsure:

now i just wanna know a few things.
  1. What are the list of options in the latest decrypt9 that can cause this or any other malfunction?
  2. does recovery update work without issues of a9lh with my n3ds with 11.0.0-33 u using luma cfe 6.1.2 Please confirm. (leasf 10 people or proof)
  3. Is there a way to reflash firmware? how can i do it with boot payloads only?
  4. if no other answers are clear i will do nand restore.
Yes I did read, but when it did happen the first time, updating to the latest version of Luma fixed it completely for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...