Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 & 360 is by VVoltz and PC is by Tjas, go team Release Thread!!! We need a better name.

The DS & PSP thread is here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=747...iew=getlastpost

These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. These dates could also be "shipping dates" which usually means that that's the date when games get shipped to stores so a game could either be in stores on that day or after. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets but NA titles usually appear on our 'nets Wednesday night UK time. I love you with mouth.

Wii

February 12th/15th

There is nothing but shovelware so I'm not bothering with writing out the Wii titles! Released in the US are Go, Diego, Go!: Safari Rescue, Dora the Explorer: Dora Saves the Mermaids, & London Taxi Rush Hour. In Europe are The Destiny of Zorro and Telly Addicts.

PS2

February 12th

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (Special Edition)

Region: North America Genre: Farm / Living on an Island Simulator
Developer: ArtePiazza Publisher: Marvelous Entertaiment

You know what is getting really popular?, releasing old movie franchises with 50+ year old actors!. You know what else is getting popular? porting PSP games to the PS2. Innocent Life is somewhere between a "next gen" Harvest Moon and a "non-Harvest Moon" game (idiot comment intended, insert applause here). To be honest, a lot of the magic has been changed on this one. While there is a huge lanscape to explore and the mandatory farm to take care of, you don't really feel like "advancing" on the game. But let's not turning this into a review or a pseudo rant so I'll conclude saying that the novelties on this version are a new camera system for character interaction, 50 new missions and a new "dictionary" which is basically a new quest book and hint system. (This game was below average on PSP. - Hadrian)(Hadrian is wise, listen to him -VVoltz)

Video Link

ME0000810105_2.jpg
ME0000810104_2.jpg
ME0000810102_2.jpg

February 15th

Totally Spies! Totally Party

When I said: Hadrian, please don't let me talk about this game, he probably didn't hear me (because he is in the UK). Up to three (yes, three!!!!!, 1, 2, 3!!! WTF!) can "compete" on minigames to god knows accomplish what while unlocking new "spy" costumes for the three "spies". I guess, the outfit part is the strongest part of the title, but then again it must be just me...

For more PS2 titles, see multiformat.

Xbox 360

February 12th

Lost Odyssey

Region: North America Genre: RPG
Developer: Mistwalker Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Hell, it was about time. Now, let's not talk about Mistwalker first project, because this one looks so awesome its ridiculous. Made from former Squaresoft employees and FF's father Hironobu Sakaguchi, this is literally the first Next Gen Jap RPG. Believe me, the story is really worth it, not to mention the graphics and the lasting appeal (4 DVDs!). One of the more interesting feats. I've seen on this game is the omission of a over world map, here, all the scenarios are inked by teleports, there is even a checkpoint system that let's you come back to life if you do bad on the hybrid turn-based / timming button attacks fighting system many battles. This IS officialy the first big game of 2008. (I so need to get a 360 again - Hadrian)

Video Link

Click on thumbnails to enlarge:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements

Region: North America/Europe (15th) Genre: First Person RPG
Developer: Arkane Studios Publisher: Ubisoft

The first Might and Magic game not developed from 3DO (named M&M: Dark Messiah) was a good attempt, but not an excellent one (I really liked it -Hadrian). The game used the Source engine to face the player huge boss fights, interesting enough puzzles and the very popular finish moves. This port is suppose to include slight additions from the PC version, namely a new lock-on feature, four exclusive levels and Downloadable Content on Live. It seems that the game was delayed because I spoke trash about the PC game.

Video Link

PC Done by Tjas

February 12th

Abra Academy

Region: North America Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Activision Publisher: Activision

This game is so bad that Activision does not even list the title on their own website…. As there is no info available I can’t give you guys any! Questions, no questions? Good, let’s continue!

Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate

Madame Fate, a mysterious fortune teller, has foreseen her own demise at midnight this very day. She has asked for your help in investigating each quirky carnival worker to determine their whereabouts at midnight. Your investigation will include a multitude of fascinating personalities, from Art the Carny to Lucy the Bearded Beauty, while exploring the magical world of Fate`s Carnival. Each suspect has a motive, but only a Master Detective can discover the secrets hidden within Madame Fate`s crystal ball. So basicly its a pont and click game. For whats its worth it does not look that bad, even reviews give a pretty positive reactions:

‘’Thanks to it all, you find yourself rambling between the attractions of Madame Fate's carnival just like you did as a child. Hats off to Big fish games.’’
http://www.gamemile.com/game_review/window...s_Madame_Fate_/

Penumbra : Black Plague

Region: North America Genre: Action Horror
Developer: Frictional Games Publisher: Paradox Interactive

Trapped in a shadowy, underground complex, intrepid explorer Philip is determined to discover the truth behind his father's disappearance. Surrounded by enemies and assaulted by terror from all sides, Philip must collect clues and solve vexing puzzles while combating the gnawing psychological terrors that assail his mind and threaten to strip him of his sanity. Can Philip master his fear and finally uncover the truth behind a mystery that has haunted him for a lifetime? Only you can decide... Spooky! Wel.. its a low budget adventure shooter sort of game, ign reviews it with a 7.7.. not bad but do you want to waste your time on this title?

‘’If you're one of those who grimaces and / or scoffs when somebody suggests you should play an adventure game, try to swallow your pride for a second and give this game a shot. Without the awkward combat of Overture, Black Plague is a smoother experience where the clumsiness of the physics and control systems are exposed far less frequently. Though you'll be a little lost at Black Plague's outset, if you're only going to pick one of these two this is the one to go with; it'll make sense eventually. Should you decide to dive in, be prepared for an engaging ride through a Lovecraftian gauntlet of horrors, enjoyable puzzles, eerie ambient tracks, and an immersive, disquieting atmosphere. While much of Black Plague and the Penumbra games in general isn't wholly novel and shrouded in a cloud of low production values, it is most definitely refreshing.’’

Video Link

Pirateville

This is again a point and click game, only its more puzzle style than the traditional adventure point and click games. Don’t think anybody here is interested.but anyway.... In this game you take on the role of Jack the Sharpshooter, a handsome pirate with a penchant for gold. When Jack stumbles upon an ancient casket, his curiosity is piqued and he sets out on an adventure full of magic, love, gold, weapons and a Cursed Ghost. Unravel the secrets of the ancient casket by finding Hidden Objects and get ready for the most astonishing ending! Aint that interesting!
biggrin.gif

Bratz: Super Babyz

Region: North America Genre: Total shitocity
Developer:Ubisoft Publisher: Ubisoft

Deprezzing.... again some sortz of Bratz gamez.... insteadz of givingz youz informationz aboutz the gamez I will givez you an overview of crapz releazed in the pazt under the namez of Bratz!
Bratz brandz....
Lil' Bratz
Bratz Boyz
Bratz Babyz
Bratz Petz
Bratz Kidz
Be-Bratz
(Hadrian - you forgot Mermaidz)
Other crapz
Bratz Theatrical Releases
Bratz Music Albums
Bratz Video Games
(Hadrian - Theres also that horrid TV series)
So its not over yetz….. more releazez to comez! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Hadrian - Azzazzinz? Anyway being Ubisoft there are no screens or whatever but who cares?)

XIII Century: Death or Glory

Region: North America Genre: RTS
Developer: OSW Games Publisher: Atari

Finally a game with a bigger budget! XIII Century is a game that's about battles, and nothing but battles. It will feature more than 30 of them, divided into five campaigns that cover European history. These include notable battles such as Bouvines, Falkirk, Las Navas de Tolosa, and Lake Peipus, a legendary battle in Russian history that was fought on the surface of a frozen lake. All of the battles aim to historically reconstruct as much as possible, from accurate depictions of the landscape and terrain to the weather conditions and the colorful heraldry of the participants. Of course, how the battle unfolds will be up to you and your skills. If you like medieval warfare tactics, then XIII century is a game worth checking out....

Video Link

Hour of Victory

Region: Europe Genre: FPS
Developer: Nfusion Publisher: Midway

I shooter of midway... what more can I say... This fantastix midway creation; hour of Victory allows you to play a key role in the pivotal and cinematic battles from the European and North African theaters of World War II, using the skills and gameplay style you choose. Sneak into enemy territory as a covert operative, storm the gates as a British Commando, or snipe from afar as an Army Ranger - each character's unique attributes will be needed for the fulfillment of the overall objective. Only with all these skills working closely together will you be able to say that you helped define the Hour of Victory. I can’t wait!.... NOT

Video is of the 360 version:
Video Link

TV Giant

Region: Europe Genre: TV Tycoon
Developer: Nobilis Publisher: RTL Enterprises GmbH

Not a lot of info is released on this game but it seems to be a tv channel tycoon thingy? Well.. throw it on the pile of shovel tycoons! For the first time in a video game, you get to manage and develop your own television channel! There are four television channels sharing the local city network and vying for a share of the viewing figures. As the big boss of the channel you have to win the special prize, awarded every four years, for bringing in the largest audience and highest satisfaction ratings.

Video Link

Multi-Platform

February 12th

Jumper
(Wii, 360, PC)

Region: North America/Europe (15th) Genre: First Person RPG
Developer: Arkane Studios Publisher: Ubisoft

One thing is certain: the movie looks awesome. For those who haven't seen the trailer, click here. Yes, basically a "Nightcrawler" simulator, IMO the Nightcrawler levels were the best on the X3 game. Subtitled "Griffin's Story" you'll play as the "other" jumper in a evolution of that "Nigthcrawler" style of play, you'll have the liberty to teletransport yourself to one of the 4 surrounding side of an enemy to beat him up. Expect to play the game with a "comic" book style of narration. (In the UK a jumper is what those in the US call sweater).

Video Link

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last screenshot of Jumper...you can't tell me that isn't an Inferno plasmid ripoff from Bioshock.
Its actually a screen from the Might & Magic game placed by mistake.

Anyway I doubt it is a rip off, its been done in games released way before Bioshock.

EDIT: Added PC to the list, lol had it in my email since the morning.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What a great games... we sould make a GBATEMP quality seal or logo! We place the logo on all the good (no shovelware) games! Could be a cool new feature!

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd have to say that both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are about equal in terms of their quality.

The storyline in Lost Odyssey isn't really that epic from what I've played so far and the gameplay is pretty standard RPG stuff.

They are both good games, neither better than the other IMO.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Lost Odyssey is truely awesome I've been playing the Asian release with full English for some time now. A great aspect of it that may not be widely known is that theres a cap on experience in each dungeon etc. so you can't just power level/grind to defeat bosses, you have to find their weaknesses and use tactics to your advantage. You can however grind for spells and skills as you learn them from mortal team mates or equips.
Both the Asian and USA release have been dumped; Asian has full English and works on PAL and the USA release is region free. All release infos are in my blog!
Got Might and Magic but not tried it yet, way too wrapped up in LO. If you read reviews about load times in LO being really long it's not the case with the final retail build. Reviewers were sent out unfinished code that did take quite a while longer to load during battles etc. I can tell you first hand the load times are the same as they are in any 3D RPG
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1