Home Brew Channel not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spritefreak, Aug 29, 2009.

1. spritefreak
    OP

spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    I am trying to update my wii from 3.2 to 4.1, so I started with installing BootMii and boot2. I seem to have done it properly, but I am not having trouble with the homebrew channel. Everytime I go to the channel, it never sees the apps folder on my SD card. I updated from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3. Since I have a wireless router, it asked me when I first opened the homebrew channel if I wanted to update to 1.0.3. So I said yes. Then when installing BootMii I installed the HBC again....and now it isn't working.

Does anyone have suggestions?

2. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Not sure if its because you´ve installed HBC twice? Anyway, at this point which isnt too far away from start, just initialize your Wii and start again, this time install HBC only once^^ Make sure to backup your nand with bootmii.

You could also try another SD Card, HBC is having problems with SDHC cards...

3. spritefreak
    OP

spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    I don't have an SDHC card, just SD. And I made the NAND after I updated the HBC, so that won't help me. With HBC 1.0.3, what folder must be on the root of the SD card?

4. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Best thing would be to update to 4.1 via Big N´s server and start from there with one of the superb tuts here on the site.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice