Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Linkiboy assuming it is 90K

90000/100 = 900
900/52 = 17.3 years
You could probably get away with a $1000-4000 a month (not sure of the numbers these days) if you got an adult in on the scheme, if you did that a lot of older Asian and former eastern block people have a well known serious mistrust of banks so such a course of action could work then as banks are more used to it.

Money laundering (in country) is another option I guess but a damn risky one as nobody is going to go for a hard to track one for that little an amount of cash.

Commission is going to wipe a good chunk of that out if you went that route and is equally quite risky (those places are not at the same level as banks normally but they are watched).

Added on top it would also be wise to tell if the money is marked or fake, a damn hard task considering the abilities of marking and forgers these days: near x-ray UV laser florescence (try finding a near x-ray UV laser or even light source), mm scale marking (at least) which could be on different points on the note........

I just realised I never said what I would do: right now I have no great need for cash so burn, law or return would be it, should I have some serious need of cash (one worthy of the risks above: medical needs the NHS would not deal with, unbearable debt (something I would not be in), venture capital maybe) then I might start thinking about how.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would've returned the money regardless...moral issues for me. =\

in this case i don't think the correct moral action would be to return the money to the sender. You could try fishing the seller, checking his/her details on ebay, sending them an aknowledge email that you received the goods or something... stuff like that and see what would come up and then contact the police providing them your findings. That is if you are noisy and wish to get involved. Othewise you could just call the police just like that kid did.

rest assured that if there was nothing illegal involved he/she would have gotten the money back. sending the money back to them could be neither moral nor safe for many reasons most of which have already been discused.

Ah, I guess I was a bit too ambiguous XD, in my mind I meant I wanted the money returned to the "true" owner, or something like that..

But acrocosm, I guess the path you described would be the way I would take it personally, I like being nosey
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Was about to say I'm more inclinded to believe BBC News about the figures. Then realised I'd missed a few zeros. I wondered why everyone was kicking up such a fuss over 2 games being replaced with £44
biggrin.gif

So yeah, HOLY ****!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would have contacted the authorities... right after I skimmed a bit off the top of course! I mean, you at least take back what you paid for.
laugh.gif

I fully agree though that if you recieve this kinda cash from people THAT HAVE YOUR ADDRESS, you don't want fuck all to do with it.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm quickly learning that I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone on this forum in real life. I don't think there is any honor or honesty in 95% of the people. It's truly sad if this is the mindset of the majority of the world.
What ever do you mean we do everything legit here.
also check out these devices used to play homebrew and backups of games you certainly own:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm quickly learning that I wouldn't want to be friends with anyone on this forum in real life. I don't think there is any honor or honesty in 95% of the people. It's truly sad if this is the mindset of the majority of the world.

What ever do you mean we do everything legit here.
also check out these devices used to play homebrew and backups of games you certainly own:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8

game backups are illegal too in most cases. they are legit only if you backup your own game. Without a backup device getting the rom (of a game you own) off the net is illegal

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Linkiboy assuming it is 90K

90000/100 = 900
900/52 = 17.3 years
You could probably get away with a $1000-4000 a month (not sure of the numbers these days) if you got an adult in on the scheme, if you did that a lot of older Asian and former eastern block people have a well known serious mistrust of banks so such a course of action could work then as banks are more used to it.

Money laundering (in country) is another option I guess but a damn risky one as nobody is going to go for a hard to track one for that little an amount of cash.

Commission is going to wipe a good chunk of that out if you went that route and is equally quite risky (those places are not at the same level as banks normally but they are watched).

Added on top it would also be wise to tell if the money is marked or fake, a damn hard task considering the abilities of marking and forgers these days: near x-ray UV laser florescence (try finding a near x-ray UV laser or even light source), mm scale marking (at least) which could be on different points on the note........

I just realised I never said what I would do: right now I have no great need for cash so burn, law or return would be it, should I have some serious need of cash (one worthy of the risks above: medical needs the NHS would not deal with, unbearable debt (something I would not be in), venture capital maybe) then I might start thinking about how.
Yes but...

100 > 0 if you turn it in

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow...where do I begin...First off I would take the money...I don't need the money but in the end it's 90k...the fools know where I live so it would definitely be a tough situation but a few weeks of work, booby traps and sleeping with guns may be worth it.

First off I'd say I never got the item.

If he had a tracking number on the package then I'd resort to plan B and say the item was tampered with and all I received was a box of socks and I want my fucking money back.

Then step 2 is securing my house which is already essentially done anyway minus the fact that 80% of my my guns are in a 3 step assembly situation. Guns in the safe, bullets in another safe, and mags are just in my dresser....cause I am not sure what anyone would do with just mags. The other 20% = revolvers which are only 2 steps (both safes) and 1 fully loaded and ready to rock and roll 9 mil I keep stashed in the house for emergency reasons. Due to the nature of receiving 90K I may want to keep a few extra ready to rock and roll handguns ready just in case. An added step....being as most of us are geeks here...is to use science to keep the house extra secure...light bulb bombs are fantastic ways of securing a room.

Step 3 is to wait it out...this is the "hard part" as your basically sitting around in "fear". I'd make sure to yell at the seller saying I want my damn PS2 and games or my money back....making it seem as if the "package" really did get lost in the mail.

Step 4 is to use the money...as some have said...you can slowly deposit the money....but in fear the money is marked I'd probably just use it around town...buy big items on ebay and get money orders with the newly acquired cash to pay for the items. Of course with what I do for a living I could also just use the cash to pay out my employees. A little here, a little there....viola...easily worth a quick 90K

Obviously...well here is the situation...I have mailed items to members of this board over seas as well as locally and never screwed anyone over...but I know them...its a different story...if shaun accidentally sent me 90k Id send it back (and as what the fuck he was doin...) But in reality the only people who accidentally loose 90k are people doing shady shit. Sure...if the seller was like...OMG I accidentally put my orphanage's money where the PS2 should be...I'd feel guilty for about 20 minutes...till common sense kicked in and I realized I was being conned.

In this day and age there is only a few reasons you have 90K in CASH....
1) You have an abundance of cash and feel as in case the bank gets robbed, you accidentally commit a crime, something goes wrong and you get denied your account at least you have a back up plan. In this scenario your money is in a safe and most likely NEVER moves.
2) You do illegal things which causes you to move lots of cash frequently. Most likely you will have bags of money in brown grocer bags (paper) or suitcases.
3) Your wedding especially if your ethnic. Greek weddings they throw cash into a circle as everyone dances. I believe other cultures do similar...so hypothetically someone could have 90 grand in cash...and accidentally send you their wedding money???? LOL I highly doubt it....but hey even if so...it's a dog eat dog world...

So in conclusion I'd keep it and I would definitely be sending my buddies on IRC a huge portion (not telling them the source of course)

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
Then step 2 is securing my house which is already essentially done anyway minus the fact that 80% of my my guns are in a 3 step assembly situation. Guns in the safe, bullets in another safe, and mags are just in my dresser....cause I am not sure what anyone would do with just mags. The other 20% = revolvers which are only 2 steps (both safes) and 1 fully loaded and ready to rock and roll 9 mil I keep stashed in the house for emergency reasons. Due to the nature of receiving 90K I may want to keep a few extra ready to rock and roll handguns ready just in case. An added step....being as most of us are geeks here...is to use science to keep the house extra secure...light bulb bombs are fantastic ways of securing a room.

With that many guns, I wouldn't even need someone else's robbery money. I'd just go out and get my own.
What? You aren't afraid of angry gangsters but you are afraid of some cop? If you can take out those machine-gun toting Genetically Engineered Super Gangsters we have today, you can take out that old, fat, donut-chomping pig stopping at the 7/11 for an anniversary Snickers because it's his last day of duty. (I guarantee it's his last!)

QUOTEIn this day and age there is only a few reasons you have 90K in CASH....
1) You have an abundance of cash and feel as in case the bank gets robbed, you accidentally commit a crime, something goes wrong and you get denied your account at least you have a back up plan. In this scenario your money is in a safe and most likely NEVER moves.
2) You do illegal things which causes you to move lots of cash frequently. Most likely you will have bags of money in brown grocer bags (paper) or suitcases.
3) Your wedding especially if your ethnic. Greek weddings they throw cash into a circle as everyone dances. I believe other cultures do similar...so hypothetically someone could have 90 grand in cash...and accidentally send you their wedding money???? LOL I highly doubt it....but hey even if so...it's a dog eat dog world...

It's drug money used in a pretty shitty money laundering scheme.
I'm The Boss, I got ten grand in cash, and I want to launder it. You're my retarded buttboy of a cousin overseas and anxious to get on my good side. I let you do a little money laundering for me to see if you're worthy of my posse. I set up shop on eBay, send you a big box of cash disguised as something large but inconspicuous, like Oprah's Brand Vibrator or a Playstation 2.
You take some cash for yourself, pay out my British (toothless) Baby Momma's alimony and then buy tons of useless crap I'm selling but don't actually have from my own money (you and some people even more handicapped and retarded than yourself) using numerous fake eBay accounts. The feds come busting through my door asking me why I have half a mil in cash, I can say I made a fortune on eBay and I've got the records to prove it, just go ask your fed-loving Iluminati Freemason New World Order buddy Pierre Omidyar.

The only flaw in this scheme is that if you are a drug dealer, chances are you can't read or write. If you knew the Alphabet, you wouldn't be dealing crack. You misspell the address and your money is gone. And your ugly baby momma is forced to sell her body through prostitution to provide food for the family and thus your newborn dies of malnutrition.

Remember kids: If you can't spell crack, you can't sell crack!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER