Gaming Holy crap, Tales of the World 2 is dumped

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Radiant Mythology 2, to be precise~ XD
[nitpick]The second Tales of the World game was a quasi-sequel to Tales of Phantasia on the GBA subtitled "Summoner's Lineage".[/nitpick]
So yeah, second Tales of the World series game for the PSP. Go get it. Even though it probably won't be localised because Radiant Mythology 1 apparently bombed hard in sales.
frown.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ellara said:
Radiant Mythology 2, to be precise~ XD
[nitpick]The second Tales of the World game was a quasi-sequel to Tales of Phantasia on the GBA subtitled "Summoner's Lineage".[/nitpick]
So yeah, second Tales of the World series game for the PSP. Go get it. Even though it probably won't be localised because Radiant Mythology 1 apparently bombed hard in sales.
frown.gif

It bombed in gameplay as well. I found it to be pretty boring. Unlike Tales of Eternia (the Tales of Destiny 2 remake). I hope they improved this one, otherwise I don't expect to see many more Tales games on the PSP.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im currently playing this right now, and i have to say, the words freaking amazing dont even describe it, its like, the best handheld tales of game ever. The combat feels so refined, the graphics are better, and they fixed pretty much everything that was wrong with the first. The only problem is its all japanese >_>, and im already stuck on the 3rd mission. I would trade my kidney for this to get localized in the next 5 or so months.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The only problem is its all japanese >_>, and im already stuck on the 3rd mission. I would trade my kidney for this to get localized in the next 5 or so months.

As already mentioned four posts above yours It's in Japanese....i don't think you'll see an English version in the near future.

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dgwillia said:
It was fun at first, then kinda sucked >_>, pure repetitive grindfest, and you could literally blaze through it in a day if you play "noob style" on all the bosses.

okay you've passed
smile.gif
so that would also mean that totw 2 is a incredibly nice game

hope it gets localized
does it have a world map ?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err not really, its more simular to ToW:RM1, i just finished the begginer missions, and i unlucked the cast from ToA, and wow, each of them plays in a completely different way, it shows how much they improved the combat. I cant wait to get the ToV Crew (if only they had Judith >_>)

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fateastray said:
I absolutely hated the first on PSP. I can't imagine this being as good as described at first...Isnt Summoner's Lineage the third ToW? ...
Tales of the World series release dates:

Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - 25th October 2002 (note: Narikiri Dungeon 1 was prefixed "Tales of Phantasia" and not "Tales of the World" because it's a quasi-sequel to that game and not a mere cameofest like most of the others, although Summoner's Lineage ought to have been as well for the same reason.)
Tales of the World: Summoner's Lineage - 7th March 2003
Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - 6th January 2005
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 1 - 21st December 2006
Haha, it's essentially just a game for the fans of the series, so unless you're really into the battle system and/or characters from the Tales games that are in it, it's not really worth playing. If the first Radiant Mythology is any indication, this one is sadly lacking in plot due to the large amount of cameos (and the other reason why this one probably won't get localised, too much expensive voicework for so many characters). And yeah, there is a "World Map", but not one that you can walk around on.

Maybe we'll see a fan-translation pop up once the "grace period" of some months is over (it took about 3-4 months for RM1's localisation to be announced). Shouldn't hold your breath on it, though.
unsure.gif

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tales of the World series has always been for the fans. to me though they should have kept the series 2d. OK Narikiri Dungeon 3 lost its free roam areas, but the fact that they had every character from tales of phantasia to tales of symphonia in 2d glory impressed me a lot not to mention all the other namco costumes that the Narikiri dungeons had, like Cosmos from xenosaga, Taiko drums from the taiko no tatsujin games, Valkyrie from Valkyrie profile, Mr driller, and a whole lot more.

to me the tales of the world series pecking order goes like this.

Narikiri dungeons (ND) > summoners lineage (SL) > radiant mythologies (RM)

If RM2 has online play then i can`t wait to play it. and that might give it a slight edge over SL. but SL played like tatics orge and i like thype of rpg. the first RM network options only included the option to upload your costumes for others to see which was rubbish. i wanted to look like one of the original characters. and not have my charaters look like iDoLm@sTeR, or see all the male charaters cross dress.

*edit: - They need to make a ND4, I want to see how all the new characters look and play in 2d.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's KOS-MOS*.
tongue.gif

Probably my favorite female character. ^^

I haven't played many Tales of.. games, but I've seen enough gameplay vids and other vids.
Personally, I like Tales of Innocence's style the best. Nice simple (not to mention 3D) world map, good variety of dungeons, towns. Also, the battle system is nice as well; quick pace, good variety of combos, spells, etc.

I tried the first RM, but I didn't like it for some reason. >.>

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this one is way better, and yeah, Narakiri Dungeon is good too, im gonna get back into it, i like the tactics style gameplay of the 3rd. But seriously, the sheer amount of characters in this one is amazing. My friends who are further than i am have said they literally havent even used the random generated characters (which you had to use in the first, since the main characters turned you down sometimes), plus they have so many new classes, Broadswoard, Dual Sword (not ninja), Pirate (uses Guns/swords), Paladin (like swordsman but can heal), and a few others. Im gonna force myself to play it in japanese.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RM has very traditional classes which you find in many rpg these days. the classes i dont doubt are probably going to look pretty cool, but it appears that a lot of these classes are similar to each other. eg: - broadsword and dual sword and paladin have links to swordsman and hence will have a lot of skills that are the same.

ND had some fun with their classes/costumes. things like dancer, gambler, katz, wonder chef, musician, carouser class, doctor, nurse. then you add elements on top of that. no doubt that if they make a ND4 then you can add more classes to the list already, plus adding in all the other namco characters. i grew up on the 2d linear battle system so i like it as is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning