Hardware Hollywood V0x21 / Hollywood V0x11 asking for comparison..

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
i have read my syscheck (i have use latest syscheck from Joostinonline)
I have found Hollywood V0x21, i have black wii native 4.3e(v514) date 18.12.2008 bootv4
Now i want understand why some people have the value Hollywood V0x11
what is the difference?

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From hackmii.com:
The chip differences aren’t really very meaningful to us. All of the chips have to run the same code. It’s likely that the revisions were done to fix minor glitches; for example, there are a few places in IOS where it checks to see if the Hollywood chip is older than some version, and if so, executes some additional code (redundant memory writes, presumably to work around a bug in the silicon).

Is possible that: some homebrew can be freeze on different wii? (like nintendon't alpha do?)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's entirely possible that revisions were introduced to cut down on the amount of head produced by the chip and that alone while the overall functionality remained the same. As stated earlier, all the chips run the exact same custom code, so there was no reason for anyone to look into this as it requires a whole lot of effort (decapping, scanning) without much gain. The situation would be entirely different if the chip revisions introduced some coding issues, but they didn't so nobody cared. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse