[Hoax] Rayman DLC for Smash 4 Leaked

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did seem to leave room for at least 4 more characters and 1 more stage. Maybe they didn't give up on the Ice Climbers. Also, not going to happen, but Bomberman would be sweet. I'll give 6-7/10 about caring if he is playable. I know we lost Snake and Wolf. What other characters did we lose?

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ubisoft has abandoned Nintendo, and didn't have a really good past on Nintendo anyway, so i don't see the reason for this to be real. Unless Nintendo wants to bring Ubisoft back...

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so if the original video was taken down that's confirmation for me.

Nintendo likes to say "we don't comment on rumors", but they have a hell of a tell.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, gotta please those hardcore Rayman purists.

Wait what.
I didn't mean for it to sound so elitist, I simply meant Rayman fans who dislike Rabbids. Until Rayman Origins, it felt like Rabbids had killed the series, there was like a 9 year span before they released a game that wasn't a party game or a port.

Reactions: Ericss

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I wasnt too sure untill i saw the video, thats too good to be faked. Altho the lack of him "clicking" it and hearing the announcer say "RAYMAN" does make me have like 1% doubt lol

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

What theory? They actually tried putting locks on being able to enable those options in an official patch right after it was found out. Quite the unique philosophy about limiting players' options, when the game has like 10 preorder versions in the first place. Also worth mentioning that what was blocked was E3 bullshot footage that they forgot to remove, something designed specifically to trick people into thinking the game looks better than the final product.

Oh, and to top it off, they ended up making a statement calling players "entitled" for enabling existing options in the game they bought. That's a classic from them.

All this purity of heart and good intentions...

The theory that they locked away the graphics so that consoles are superior. I haven't heard anything saying that this was their reasoning behind their actions.

I didn't mean for it to sound so elitist, I simply meant Rayman fans who dislike Rabbids. Until Rayman Origins, it felt like Rabbids had killed the series, there was like a 9 year span before they released a game that wasn't a party game or a port.
I would have nothing against the Rabbits if Ubisoft wouldn't cancel Rayman 4 to release a party game spin off.
At first I liked the party game but after dozens of other party games and no real sequel to Rayman 3 I started to get the feeling the rabbits killed one of my favorite franchise.

Reactions: Deleted User

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I remember playing Rayman Legends and I was like "how I wish he'd be a Smash fighter" now here's this rumour. Huh.

After all, there is another spot besides for Mewtwo so who knows.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Something about the character portrait feels off imo.
Same. My first thought was "Is that really what Rayman looks like now? Wow, that looks awful!"
And there's nothing else to go by, not even sound (which presumably is because he hasn't figured out how to replace sound effects yet)
So, I'm not gonna believe this is real until I see it in game.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here's why I think Rayman or whatever character can still be added to Smash:

zlCfzStrVsMBkatBSt

On isle 1 and 4 there's two spots left, one is guaranteed for Mewtwo while the other's still to be announced for whomever it is.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on, even you can admit most of the 2d/3d Rayman games are better than the Rabbids games.
I never enjoyed Rayman until origins and legends happened.

The Rabbids on the other hand, I've enjoyed since I was really young. Hence the avatar. They're easily one of my favorite franchises of all time, and I own almost all of the games they've put out for them.
Good for you. The critics disagree with you, though. If you look at metascores, even the lowest rated main non-Rabbids Rayman is better rated than the highest rated Rabbids game. As far as reviews (and Rayman fans) are concerned, the series went to shit when Rabbids were introduced, then it finally became good again when it became about Rayman again with Origins.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's why I think Rayman or whatever character can still be added to Smash:

*snip*

On isle 1 and 4 there's two spots left, one is guaranteed for Mewtwo while the other's still to be announced for whomever it is.
Here is what I think

34b9dcd4de.png

Although I must admit that this doesn't hold much water too since the 3DS has only place for 4 DLC characters instead of 6.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Here is what I think

34b9dcd4de.png

Although I must admit that this doesn't hold much water too since the 3DS has only place for 4 DLC characters instead of 6.

That could work too but in this matter I suppose Nintendo would make it paid DLC as is the case for Mario Kart 8.

It'd be so cool if Goku were to join the Smash roster but that's like 99% impossible as it'd most likely cost them too much for the licensing and stuff.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just think about it: If the leak is true, then Sakurai blatantly lied when be said there'll be no more DLC after Mewtwo.

It does open up possibilities for more characters. If we're getting Mewtwo and Rayman there'll probably be two more to fill up the 3DS' s Character Select Screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ