GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
With glowing green numbers counting down to five days from now and the 2011 Game Developers Conference kicking off on Monday, it looks like we might be getting our first look at the next Modern Warfare on Wednesday morning.

As many of you have noticed (OmegaSpartan noticed first), FindMakarov.com is ticking away like a time bomb set to explode into what will likely be the biggest entertainment launch of the year - it always is.

Modern Warfare 2 players will remember Vladimir Makarov as the man that left them for dead at the end of the No Russian mission, effectively blaming the U.S. for the massacre of countless Russian civilians and ignited the spark of war. We didn't get to kill him in that game. Looks like we'll finally be getting our chance.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Find Makarov Countdown

Update: It appears that the site is a hoax, according to Activision.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2012, next year will be Modern Warfare 2013, so fourth and so on.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Call of Duty = Beating the dead horse, and STILL somehow getting money.

I need some of that magic.

Go ask Sonic Team, they must have a pretty hefty supply of the stuff.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Slyakin said:

Or Nintendo. They must have a planet of the stuff.

Seriously, when is something NEW and ORIGINAL gonna come out?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
If they do release this, it better be way better than Black Ops, I'm not a graphics whore or anything but I played the Killzone 3 Beta at 720P and it looked absolutely fantastic, yet, Black Ops at 1080p still looks horrible, plus the gameplay is much worse than MW2 and CoD:4.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
If they do release this, it better be way better than Black Ops, I'm not a graphics whore or anything but I played the Killzone 3 Beta at 720P and it looked absolutely fantastic, yet, Black Ops at 1080p still looks horrible, plus the gameplay is much worse than MW2 and CoD:4.

It looks terrible because the engine is terrible so if you're playing it on a console you're effectively playing it with the graphics settings on ultra-low.

Treyarch are terrible. At this point I consider the IW CoD games a completely seperate series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I've found much better FPS games and multiplayer games in general. I don't see why everyone flocks to CoD for their multiplayer game when there's superior ones on every platform. It does have an addictive nature but it's not remotely fun. In the end you waste days trying to grind these useless ranks and find yourself making it more of a chore than a fun past time.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Blaze163 said:
Slyakin said:

Or Nintendo. They must have a planet of the stuff.

Seriously, when is something NEW and ORIGINAL gonna come out?
When fortresscraft gets released, oh wait..........

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
After Black Ops, I don't know...Black Ops was just terrible, and Treyarch let it fail. I still play MW2 a lot, because it's actually fun, so I'm hoping whatever team is developing this won't fuck up like Treyarch did.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
After Black Ops, I don't know...Black Ops was just terrible, and Treyarch let it fail. I still play MW2 a lot, because it's actually fun, so I'm hoping whatever team is developing this won't fuck up like Treyarch did.
The multiplayer of black ops may have not been good, but zombies was still a lot of fun, I found it to be quite good, and the multiplayer wasn't really terrible, it just felt recycled.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gifi4 said:

That's because Killzone 3 is an exclusive title, which means it takes full use of the PS3. CoD is a multi-platform title so it can only use the resources of the weaker consoles (in this case, the 360).

Anyways, I don't understand why you guys are shocked and surprised. Ever since 2005 they've been doing this. And now that they've ditched Guitar Hero and the Tony Hawk franchises, expect more CoD (well, at least this year and next year at least anyways).

I'm sorry but the last real shooter that I took seriously online, was probably SOCOM 3. And while it failed in comparison to SOCOM 2 (just like every other shooter ((notice i'm saying shooter and not FPS)) that came after), it was still a lot better than all of the CoD games. Halo, I can't say much about because I had A LOT of fun playing Halo 3 online, but I never took it seriously, it was more just having fun, treating the game like a video game and not like my life depended on it.

But still, I still have yet to play a shooter that has me hooked online like SOCOM 2 did. SOCOM 2 just had that amazing feel to it that you could play and play and play and play and never get tired. Of course it's not fun now because of the hacks. But still, I wish shooters that focus more on multiplayer, make it actually fun. (And no, I have no hope for SOCOM 4 being as fun as SOCOM 2).

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy Black Ops, but the multiplayer isn't as memorable and addicting as MW2. Zombies is what keeps Black Ops in my frequently played list. So fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte