astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I might just grab a SuperCard 2 for myself, after I get paid for my stamps work. (I started advertising on craigslist - and a random artist said he wanted some of my work.) I plan to charge him accordingly, and grab some money for my paypal account or even some random money for other stuff for the next semester.

Some options:
- SuperCard DS 2
- set of wonderful bamboo knitting needles
- 16 gigabyte of microSD
- new hard drive (ATA, not SATA - my crappy home machines don't have SATA)
- a new music player

I want reviews of the SuperCard DS 2. How do you guys like the build quality? How do you like the way the core firmware is updated? Is it flimsy, or can it take a beating? How is the handling of the gba games?

I also want opinions on a new media player. I need some stuff that isn't an Ipod (I hate installing Itunes just to get the damn thing to work), and ideas for new headphones. (I'm just using Skull Candy right now - but I will probably switch to something better/more expensive as noise in the dorms next year is probably going to be worse.)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently the build is a bit bulky and big.
GBA games are quite progressing....
as for the media player,currently it uses moonshell.Can't run xvid/divx just yet.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guess I'd wait 'til the second build/batch to purchase. I was looking forward to something immediately usable - as I tend to swap out my cards and flashcarts.

Edit: Might add the Dingoo to my collection. What do you guys think? My friend who bought one from Thinkgeek.com - ended up with a busted one...I trust ShopTemp a lot more - but is it easy to break?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Build Quality...

Some people say that the build quality of the SCDS2 is bad, but not that bad. When you insert the DSTWO into your DS, you have to insert it all the way in until you hear the *click*. Also...when you try to insert the MicroSD card into the DSTWO, it's the same. You have to insert it until you hear the clicking noise. The DSTWO is VERY tight inside the DS and it's sometimes hard to get it out. Though, the DSTWO did not break for me yet. Well, now I know that the MicroSD card and the SCDS2 won't be going anywhere.

Updates of the firmware are frequent and somewhat fast.

The GBA Emulation is somewhat good. Some GBA games work, and some don't. Don't worry, though, the Supercard Team is always working on fixes for GBA games. They even have Real-Time-Save AND Real-Time-Cheat for the GBA Emulator! The GBA RTS works FANTASTICALLY. I have had no problems with it so far. One thing that I love the most about the GBA Emulator is the fact that I can increase the speed of the game ("Game Fast Forward, Frame Skip Type, Frame Skip Level, Sound Switch, and some others").

I don't really know much about the Music Player on the SCDS2 (Moonshell). All I did was move a few .mp3 files to my MicroSD card and started playing some music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0