Hmm...I've made a pretty simple softmod package

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kurisuellegarden, Aug 31, 2009.

1. But it's a no no on here. o-o I used a lot of wads.

But, I took the beginning first cIOSCORP package since that gave me the least grief out of all packages so far.

I put in the 60HK.wad for preloader.
    and made sure I had all wads checked in there. I stuck in IOS61 also.

Then I put the system menu for 4.1

Ran it cIOSCORP's installer, and it updated to 4.1 like normal for me, then I just went about and did my normal thing. [​IMG]

So, You can run bannerbomb, install homebrew channel, restore trucha bug if you need to, then run preloader for safety, run cIOSCORP, and you should be all good. [​IMG] Oh, and install preloader again. o-o

Now...I know my thing isn't fool proof.

Can someone help me pick out errors with this so it works with ALL wiis?

It also installs a Neogamma R8 channel along with the cIOSCORP. [​IMG]

2. adrian783

Newcomer adrian783 Member

United States
    meh, that was what softmii was doing. now you only need to install bootmii, 4.1 updater, cIOSCORP 3.3, cIOS rev 14, ur usb loader of choice, in that order

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Any attempt at an all in one softmodding package is bound to have somebody brick their Wii with it somehow or another, especially one dealing with things like CIOSCORP.

The process of softmodding a Wii really is already pretty easy and everything that is more necessary for softmodding purposes can be legally posted here.

Bannerbomb -> hackmii installer (HBC/bootmii) -> Trucha Bug Restorer (if higher than 3.2) -> cIOS rev14 installer -> 4.0/4.1 updater (if lower than 4.1 to begin with) -> preloader (optional) -> NeoGamma R7/USB Loader

CIOSCORP isn't necessary at all for general use and shouldn't be used by noobs in some all in one package. That's probably one of the reasons the softmii "package" isn't liked by many people here. Because it makes noobs install something that modifies their system waaaaaay more than they imagine and they don't know how to properly deal with it when they decide to do something else.

Also installing a NeoGamma R8 channel on top of that is even more unnecessary. I don't think R8 is even an officially stable build. WiiPower released it as a beta version to support the geckoOS cheat system to support codesets for brawl+/balanced brawl, but didn't implement it properly so there really isn't all that much of a reason to use that over R7.

4. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can you upload official Neogamma R8? Can't find it on the board [​IMG]
    And the released version also has some code which disables features on purpose as I understood, because it is for Ocarina testing only.

5. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    cIOSCORP installer just installs anything found within the cIOSCORP folder on the root of your SD card.

so if you have a wii with the trucha bug, all you'd need to do in theory was whack in all the cIOSCORP 3.3 wads, and the system menu 4.1 update the wii, then throw in a USB loader.wad to install the loader to system menu.

but i think you'd have to have IOS249 installed, because i thnk thats the one that cIOSCORP installer runs from to install the wads [​IMG] otherwise, just throw in a .wad of cIOS_rev9 + and away you go lol

given youd have to install bootmii seperately, and make sure IOS cIOS60 was installed before system menu 4.1, but its still quick, just copy them into the folder in that order lol [​IMG]

DrCrygor07 likes this.
  6. Yeah, I have bannerbomb go to hackmii and I install bootmii to boot2 and DVDx and homebrew channel then trucha bug restorer, then install cIOS, preloader, cIOSCORP, preloader (because of system menu), miospatcher... then I'm good.

It doesn't look that long when you look at the SD card. xD

I also got all the offline files to save me time. x.x

I just still like using cIOSCORP. I don't know why, I just like having something I can hold physically. If I had the money, I might go try USB...but for now, I'll stick to DVDs. [​IMG]

I've never understood how people could brick with cIOSCORP unless they stop it in the middle of it. o-o

By the way, I'm not sure if the trucha bug restorer would then allow me to install cIOS because I didn't remove it and try installing it again after an update...but if it doesn't when I go to try on a fresh Wii, then I still have my old files to get it working.

(I threw on IOS60HK and IOS61 for the newer menus.) [​IMG]

[And about the new NeoGamma, I didn't know that. o-o I just grabbed it and made a quick updated channel for myself. xD I'll downgrade to R7. I was planning on only using it for the Ocarina built in and maybe Rune Factory since it doesn't skip anymore.]

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's not so much them bricking by using it, it's when they want to remove it. They like to go to wad manager and uninstall all of their IOSes, which obviously leads to bricking.

As an aside, has anyone tried packing the IOS version of bootmii into a wad? I'd try myself, but i do not use the IOS version (old wii).

8. Maybe you could extract it from the Wii after installing it as an IOS?

v.v Well, I wish people weren't stupid enough to remove IOSes (noobs and cIOSCORP).

Well, I've heard that Bootmii IOS is useless...

I really don't know if it is or isn't, I just put it as boot2 because I could. x.x

9. adrian783

Newcomer adrian783 Member

United States
    bootmii as IOS defeats the purpose a little, but you could still make nand backups. since the whole point was a protection against screwing up your IOSes

10. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Anti-brick was the main advantage of bootmii, but the IOS version is far from useless. The IOS version is still useful for running Mini-based apps (The new wifi-capable wii linux comes to mind), and for making the NAND dump (even though a hardware programmer is needed to put it back)

Kurisuellegarden - I can try extracting Bootmii IOS from the wii...don't see why it wouldn't work, seeing that it does have a tmd, ticket, and probably at least 1 content (to load the files on SD).