Gaming Hmm... Having Trouble Deciding Between 2 Games

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 3DS XL yesterday (FINALLY!!!), and I bought New Super Mario Bros. 2 along with it.

Now, I like NSMB in general, but honestly I completely forgot about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. It's $5 less than NSMB 2 but I'm not entirely sure that I am happy with my purchase of NSMB 2.

I'd like your opinions: Which would you recommend? NSMB 2 or Pokemon MD : GTI? And why?

Now I understand that these two games are completely different from one another; however, I am an avid Pokemon fan so I am wondering if I should buy the Pokemon game or pass.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest the NSMB game. The Mystery Dungeons games arent really all that mysterious.

Besides how can you go wrong with mario?

I never really disliked the Mystery Dungeon games. I actually thought the storyline was tear-jerking lol (in one of them at least)

I don't know; it just seems that I don't know if I made the right choice. I also find the game slightly rage-inducing.

I recommend Kid Icarus.

I never played Kid Icarus before; I've heard of it but never checked it out. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if thats the case, can you just wait till later and then pick it up next time?

Yes I could, but I pre-ordered Pokémon X as well... Hmm.

Actually I could probably get the game if I really wanted to... Might as well have both than one of them, I guess if I get bored of the other game I have a backup to go to..

I just get bored with it quickly, so I might try to pick up a copy of the Mystery Dungeon game while I'm thinking about it...

Thanks for the suggestions!

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the 3DS mystery dungeon was kind shit, unless you can pick it up for cheap, for like under 20, skip on it. Your field of vision or horrible, and the game is just easy and in general lackluster. You're stuck with a few pokemon to play story mode with nor can you evolve till you beat the game, the whole game just feels wrong compared to the previous entry. Plus if you want something that lasts, Monster Hunter is a good one, but give yourself a chance to get into it.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's only those two games that you want to make a decision, I'd say NSMB 2. The demo for that Pokemon Dungeon game is available on the eShop. They say that you can continue from the demo if you decide to buy the digital version but honestly, it's such a meh game that I gave up and it just made me want Pokemon X and Y sooner.

D

Dork

Am I the only one here who's going to say PMD over NSMB? I honestly never thought I'd say this, but, I'm simply tired of Mario. D:
Please don't kill me!

Wow Sagat, you
have a perfectly reasonable opinion and I respect that, so I won't kill you.

Reactions: Sagat

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you enjoy PMD, you're gonna get more hours out of that than Mario, since that game is designed for you to play for a long time. Unless you get bored, that is. But seriously, check out the demo.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigis Mansion is an excellent game. I would also recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I have about 150 hours invested in MH3U and haven't even hit G Rank yet. Also, I really enjoyed Castlevania Mirror of Fate, but I am a huge Castlevania fan. MarioKart 7, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Resident Evil Revelations, Mario 3D Land. The 3DS has a pretty nice selection of high quality games. Don't forget about the eShop either. There are some really good downloadable titles available there too. Have fun with your new 3DS. It's my favorite handheld of all time (.....so far)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want Mario, get 3D Land. Its much better then that rehashed shit.

If you want Pokemon, wait for X and Y, Mystery dungeon is just a bad rogue-like.

I say buy Kid Icarus, one of the best experiences ive had on the console. Makes me scared to go buy any other games for the 3DS.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone:

I have kept nsmb 2 and bought the mystery dungeon game as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! Excuse any mistakes, I'm typing on my nexus 10 ;p

Reactions: Sagat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: