Hacking Hitting SR1->VR when not flashing?

TheVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I'm getting my Super Key tomorrow, I hope, and I just wanted to practice flashing. I stuck a nail with some tin foil on it (rusty nail, plus tiny tip) and wiggled it around and the DS never turned off. Is there some way to practice?

Here are a few pics of what I've done so far.

ds1.jpg

ds2.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics, Nikon 7600
smile.gif
. I took a sliver of paper to block the other side so there's *hopefully* no chance of hitting VR. I was trying to hit it without the paper in there and the DS never turned off.

Nalif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not only is there pretty much no way to practice, but doing so is actually bad for your DS's health. If you actually make a short, you can brick your DS by blowing something internally.

TheVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I have a 2 year replacement plan on Best Buy, so if I brick it I can just swap it for a new one. It's all good.

TheVirus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I don't own a Gamecube, I haven't owned a console since the Dreamcast and that I sold to my RA when I was in college
smile.gif
I haven't owned a handheld since the original Gameboy and that I lost when I lost Metroid, I was sad. I still miss that game
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared