Hacking HitManMack Assassin Kit hacks LU64+

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading it just to see what's inside.

Okay, I'm digging through this and trying to dice the ginormous readme into digestible portions and I haven't found anything that would work on a 4.0 LU64 wii. There's the typical IOS35 downgrading applications, but nothing we haven't seen before.

needs moar cboot2 and less pointless downgrading

There's also a collection of tools for patching ISOs: Generic Wii Patcher, Trucha Signer, and Wii Game Language Patcher. Of the three I've only heard of Trucha Patcher and isn't that thing really old?

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed with Fenrir. I saw this a week or so ago, chuckled to myself, and decided it wasn't even worth comment.

It's just a collection of random crap with some poor documentation. The creator probably had an early (ie. still very much hackable) LU64, managed to mod it by accident, and thought they were on to something.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
I'm downloading it just to see what's inside.

Okay, I'm digging through this and trying to dice the ginormous readme into digestible portions and I haven't found anything that would work on a 4.0 LU64 wii. There's the typical IOS35 downgrading applications, but nothing we haven't seen before.

needs moar cboot2 and less pointless downgrading

There's also a collection of tools for patching ISOs: Generic Wii Patcher, Trucha Signer, and Wii Game Language Patcher. Of the three I've only heard of Trucha Patcher and isn't that thing really old?

If it really contains IOS35 downgrade, it's not just stupid, it's dangerous to follow that guide on a LU64+ Wii. Generic Wii Patcher is for patching .dol files, it's able to patch 001, 002 and video modes. And Trucha Signer is similar to WiiScrubber, it allows to open and manipulate .isos.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If it really contains IOS35 downgrade, it's not just stupid, it's dangerous to follow that guide on a LU64+ Wii. Generic Wii Patcher is for patching .dol files, it's able to patch 001, 002 and video modes. And Trucha Signer is similar to WiiScrubber, it allows to open and manipulate .isos.

Not really dangerous as such...as far as I know, reverting to an old IOS35 and watching it lock up is the only way to say 100% for sure that you've got an "unhackable" Wii in the first place. At least you can downgrade it again and fix it via system update.

It does prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that whoever tossed this together has no clue what's going on with the LU64+ units and how to mod them though.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just another "release" from "_____"

I often wonder if it's worth fucking someone's system up because you want to be popular for putting out a "pack" somewhere.

People should just make packs of the links to the stickies in this forum.

Actually that's not a bad idea and is pretty brick-safe.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
People should just make packs of the links to the stickies in this forum.

Actually that's not a bad idea and is pretty brick-safe.
laugh.gif
agreed. Maybe i'll do that...

I also saw this on wehackwii a little while back and was going to post about it. I downloaded it first to see what was in it only to realize the same thing FenrirWolf did, its just the typical stuff...Someone i know just got an LU64 and asked if they should try it. I told them no, but it apparently is spreading, as another friend of mine tried it. He managed to downgrade IOS35, but couldn't go any further with it. He updated his wii to fix the downgraded IOS.

Finally, there's problems with it, even this did work. Many of these are fixable, assuming one could manage to mod/downgrade an LU64 in the first place without bricking it. Here's some:

* This thing is loaded full of IOS wads, an HBC wad, and cIOS wads, so its not even remotely legal.
* He included an outdated shop installer and installer for IOS51, which is not used anymore. The creator apparently acknowledges this, but doesn't bother to include an updated installer for IOS61.
* Poor documentation, which if followed does not work (Such as: "4.0 Users Folder" Readme says to install cIOS as the first step. Good luck w/o an exploitable IOS.)
* Silly things, like not including Loadmii in the 4.0 folder. Instead he requires you to rename dols...

I probably missed some, but this is just a quick look at it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the old IOS patching tools are funny as well. If you have a good enough loader you shouldn't have to do anything to your ISO except patching to use IOS249 if necessary.

GamerZFX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HitmanMack HAS STATED ON A PRIVATE TRACKER THAT:

Anyone who reads english can just look past this kit after reading through the GBATemp section, the Assassin Kit contains only about 3 to 4 outdated softwares, which are the ones that allow your different region Wii games from around the world to function properly. The GBATemp people still have 002 issues because they never saw or followed my Stealth Kit which is part of the Assasssin Kit, Those outdated softwares make almost all worldwide game's compatible to any 3.2 firmware Wii from around the world. There are 8 bad comments on GBATemp about this kit, and about 5 bad comments on WeHackWii, those who don't bother to try things out for themselves are stuck making smart comments, living in the past, looking for solutions, and not being a benefit to anyone.

It's as simple as this, I cannot compare to Waninkoko, but I can use various software to find solutions. Waninkoko is still implementing 002 fixes into his newly created software for example --> http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-13

There it states that rev13 does this "Implementado nuevo sistema anti error 002", anyone who knows spanish clearly knows it says "Implemented a new system for anti-error 002", my Stealth Kit, which is implemented in the Assassin Kit has overcomed this issue "COMPLETELY" a while ago. The point is I have hundreds of Wii Users "WORLDWIDE" that can vouch for my work, and the full functionality of any of my kits. 13 ignorant comments around the internet cannot encompass for those who are satisfied, and know the reality of the functionality of my work. I am also not a noob, and I know what I am talking about, especialy when I am capable of helping everyone resolve their issues with Wii modding. Those who criticize wrongfully are the ones who have been living under a rock, and do not know my work.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, i had a friend who did try this. I mentioned it above. The pack in theory would work on old consoles. My friend tried it on an LU64 though, only to find that the old downgraded IOS35 did not even run on LU64+ (loaded IOS35 in WM 1.4 and it hung). Old IOSes not running on LU64s is something people around here have known for quite a while. Some people have even proved it by trying a downgrade on the LU64 and bricking it.

There is currently only one way to install cIOS on LU64, and that's using cboot2 under Bootmii as an IOS i believe. Even with that method you need at least rev11 ("LU64 fix") of cIOS for it to even run on the new consoles. The latest i see in the pack is rev8. The oldest is cios_fix, which goes way back.

As for the 002 issue, even though his "stealth kit" (the obsolete patching tools) does work, its now (even more) obsolete with cIOS rev13. There is no need to patch the ISO anymore. Any decent loader (which includes most recent USB Loaders like USB-Loader GX rev454 and up, and a few disc loaders) can fix even the "new" 002 (sometimes called "002b") with ease.

As for outdated software, there's more just those tools you listed. What about cIOS_fix, rev7, rev8? The old IOS51/Shop installer? All of them are outdated. I think rev10 packs as a wad fine, so why not use that? It'll run all the tools.

To top it all off, he is violating HBC's license by giving it out as a WAD. If you visit http://bootmii.org/download where you can download the newest Hackmii installer, you see this at the bottom:

Bootmii Website said:
All rights reserved. You may not sell or redistribute this software.
Emphasis by me. (The rationale here is likely that giving it as a WAD eliminates anti-scam screens. As a wad, you'd never know this was freeware if Hit-man Mack tried to sell it. Remember Homebreware?)

This thing is a brick-fest waiting to happen.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
There is currently only one way to install cIOS on LU64, and that's using cboot2 under Bootmii as an IOS i believe. Even with that method you need at least rev11 ("LU64 fix") of cIOS for it to even run on the new consoles. The latest i see in the pack is rev8. The oldest is cios_fix, which goes way back.

Wait..... I'm confused. In order to use cboot2, you need a vulnerable boot1. But LU64's wouldn't have a vulnerable boot1 since they're newer.
Also, doesn't cIOS rev12+ work on LU64's?

QUOTE said:
To top it all off, he is violating HBC's license by giving it out as a WAD. If you visit http://bootmii.org/download where you can download the newest Hackmii installer, you see this at the bottom:

Bootmii WebsiteAll rights reserved. You may not sell or redistribute this software.
Emphasis by me. (The rationale here is likely that giving it as a WAD eliminates anti-scam screens. As a wad, you'd never know this was freeware if Hit-man Mack tried to sell it. Remember Homebreware?)

I can't really blame them. The screen annoys the shit out of me. I see it every time I go to the site and download it, I don't need to see it every time I install it.
Even if they have had trouble with scammers and what not, I think this pisses off the end user more than it frustrates scammers. After all, if they made it a wad that obviously shows that putting those screens won't do anything but piss off end users, as it's clear that scammers can just make wads and eliminate the annoyance.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerZFX said:

Anyone who reads english can just look past this kit after reading through the GBATemp section, the Assassin Kit contains only about 3 to 4 outdated softwares, which are the ones that allow your different region Wii games from around the world to function properly. The GBATemp people still have 002 issues because they never saw or followed my Stealth Kit which is part of the Assasssin Kit, Those outdated softwares make almost all worldwide game's compatible to any 3.2 firmware Wii from around the world. There are 8 bad comments on GBATemp about this kit, and about 5 bad comments on WeHackWii, those who don't bother to try things out for themselves are stuck making smart comments, living in the past, looking for solutions, and not being a benefit to anyone.

It's as simple as this, I cannot compare to Waninkoko, but I can use various software to find solutions. Waninkoko is still implementing 002 fixes into his newly created software for example --> http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-13

There it states that rev13 does this "Implementado nuevo sistema anti error 002", anyone who knows spanish clearly knows it says "Implemented a new system for anti-error 002", my Stealth Kit, which is implemented in the Assassin Kit has overcomed this issue "COMPLETELY" a while ago. The point is I have hundreds of Wii Users "WORLDWIDE" that can vouch for my work, and the full functionality of any of my kits. 13 ignorant comments around the internet cannot encompass for those who are satisfied, and know the reality of the functionality of my work. I am also not a noob, and I know what I am talking about, especialy when I am capable of helping everyone resolve their issues with Wii modding. Those who criticize wrongfully are the ones who have been living under a rock, and do not know my work.

Well, I'll concede that those IOS patching tools do their job despite their age. But the real reason I'm not a fan of this pack is the lack of critical information that could screw over a LU64 user if he doesn't know what's going on. The rest of it does its job if you can manage to connect the dots in the readme.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
QUOTE said:

Wait..... I'm confused. In order to use cboot2, you need a vulnerable boot1. But LU64's wouldn't have a vulnerable boot1 since they're newer.
Also, doesn't cIOS rev12+ work on LU64's?

You're correct. I forgot that cboot2 won't run on an LU64. Hence the reason i put "i think" since i wasn't quite sure. I bothered to look it up only after i posted. (really need to stop doing that!) I had thought it just used the bootmii IOS. Anyway, doesn't IOS16 still run on a 3.4 version LU64? Anyone know? I haven't modded any of these LU64s successfully (other than one that was one of those early "hackable LU64" ones). Usually can't get the old IOS35 to run on them. Does what my friend's did - hang at the WM 1.4 under IOS35 part.

Only really spent time on the LU64 that my friend tried this pack on. Otherwise, all the 64's i've seen were either unmodded, chipped, or bricked. I am no expert on the LU64s, since i don't own one myself. (Got an LU31 here
smile.gif
)

Yes cIOS rev12+ supposedly will run on LU64, hence the "at least" rev 11. Could have said "rev11+". You might need to install the LU64 fix rev11 first though then update it.

s3phir0th115 said:
QUOTE said:

Bootmii Website
All rights reserved. You may not sell or redistribute this software.

I can't really blame them. The screen annoys the shit out of me. I see it every time I go to the site and download it, I don't need to see it every time I install it.
Even if they have had trouble with scammers and what not, I think this pisses off the end user more than it frustrates scammers. After all, if they made it a wad that obviously shows that putting those screens won't do anything but piss off end users, as it's clear that scammers can just make wads and eliminate the annoyance.
I hate them too, but figured i'd point the legal issues out as well. They could always simply put a message at the bottom of the home-menu in the HBC itself: "This software is free. If you paid for it, you've been scammed." That'd be much less intrusive than these installer screens, and could allow for redistribution, since the HBC can't be edited w/o source. We saw how well the installer method worked.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Anyway, doesn't IOS16 still run on a 3.4 version LU64? Anyone know?

Yes it does.

To my knowledge it is the only exception to the rule that "LU64+ Wiis can't run older IOS versions".

QUOTE(techboy @ Jun 12 2009, 02:52 PM) You're correct. I forgot that cboot2 won't run on an LU64.
I thought that cboot2 could run under BootMii IOS and that several people were able to install the LU64 fix with that method...? Or did I miss something?

EDIT: grammar

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
GamerZFX said:

why are the people doing these "guides" always so arrogant and so proud to put these things as "their" work ?

well, at least he didn't use the usual iiiiiii naming scheme and used a real haxxor name for "his" kit :-)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I thought that cboot2 could run under BootMii IOS and that several people were able to install the LU64 fix with that method...? Or did I miss something?

cboot2 does run on BootMii/IOS. That's how LU64 4.0 Wii's can install cIOS.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cboot2 does run on bootmii IOS? Thanks for that info. When I briefly read the release topic, it mentioned it was a modified boot2, so i assumed it had to install there. Have no use for it here (an LU31), so no experience with it.

You always learn something new every day, even if you don't plan on it. Also, thanks for the confirmation on IOS16.

Maybe I'll have my friend try cboot2 then to get cIOS in it. He'd love the USB loader, even if only to copy my discs, of which i have about 20. All my games are legal too except Wii Music (copied from another friend to try it, got boring fast) and Wii Backup Disc (torrent site, where else?). VCs are another story, and I don't play wiiware.

@Jacobeian: I have to admit, i couldn't agree more. There are too many "ii" packages/apps/guides. Lets see: Wii (duh...), Hackmii, Softmii, MiiWii (Does this one count?), Bootmii, iiii (yeah, that's an app's name)...I'm sure there's more, but i'm too lazy to find them right now.

Also, there seems to be quite a few topics having ULTIMATE in their title as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo