Hacking Hitachi Flash questions.

Tsugigas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new to these forums as a poster, been lurking for quite a while though.

Had a couple quick questions about flashing a Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L ROM VER. :0078FK dvd drive.

Please note that I have done numerous google and forum searches trying to find answers, and I hate to be a bother. I have done mod work on various other systems (PS2 PSP Wii) However I just can't seem to find concise answers. So here goes.

I am a cheap ass and do not wish to purchase ck3 or x360usb. so..

Would I be able to use a SATA to USB bridge adapter to connect the drive to my laptop?
Then power the drive using the 360 itself?
Using the 1k resistor method to get the drive into modeb?
Where I would then use JungleFlasher

Is this a viable method?

Thank you,
Tsugigas

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're to cheapass to buy the proper hardware then you deserve all the problems you'll face later on.

Anyway a good way to start is to download Jungleflasher and read the manual that comes with it.

And no.
Sata to USB won't work.

Either get the proper hardware or don't do it at all.

Tsugigas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your quick reply.

I understand that I'd deserve any problems I'd face. Thank you also for answering my questions.
I did not mean to be a bother in any way, I truly did try to to find answers on my own, and understand that you must see hundreds of idiotic questions a day. I tried not to post (really I did) asking you guys yet another mundane question with a simple answer.

I think I'll contact Devin for his free flashing service, as this seems the cheapest, most logical step in being able to play legit backed up games.

I appreciate your time and effort once again.

Thank you,

Tsigigas

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your quick reply.

I understand that I'd deserve any problems I'd face. Thank you also for answering my questions.
I did not mean to be a bother in any way, I truly did try to to find answers on my own, and understand that you must see hundreds of idiotic questions a day. I tried not to post (really I did) asking you guys yet another mundane question with a simple answer.

I think I'll contact Devin for his free flashing service, as this seems the cheapest, most logical step in being able to play legit backed up games.

I appreciate your time and effort once again.

Thank you,

Tsigigas
Unfortunately it seems Devin isn't offering this service anymore, as he seems to be selling his flashing equipment. However, I can be wrong sometimes...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People take pirating for granted.

It's also made to simple these days...

Sending your drive to someone you know or offers a flashing service is the best option then.

Purchasing the hardware can be somewhat expensive but is easy when done right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs