Hit VR game Beat Saber will be leaving early access soon, will be getting a level editor

f932a1f72ab50ade16feae898cfda6340444bdd4.jpg

When it comes to standout VR titles, Beat Saber is usually near the top of the pack, with the indie rhythm game having been incredibly well-received ever since it began early access in May 2018. After a full year of development, the game is finally ready to leave behind its early access label and prepare for an official launch. Beat Saber will launch on May 21st, coincidentally on the same day the Oculus Quest will release. Once the game goes live, officially, a level editor will be added to the game, letting players make their own custom levels for their music. If you haven't had the chance to try Beat Saber out, then the development team is giving players one last chance to buy it at the price point of $19.99, before the cost will increase to $29.99. (For Steam at least, as the PSVR version is already $29.99).

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much why I bought VR. It's incredibly fun. The level editor is nice to see since the custom songs now are a bit jank to use, though not terrible.

Here's some weeb Beat Saber, I love the way this dude makes videos

It's also a hell of an exercise to play.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much would that cost?
The quest can play beatsaber without a computer and costs 400$. It launches on may 21st. You could also buy a rift s for 400$ but if you dont have a gaming computer powerful enough then you will have to make some upgrades or buy a new computer which will make it cost a lot more.

D

Deleted_413010

The quest can play beatsaber without a computer and costs 400$. It launches on may 21st. You could also buy a rift s for 400$ but if you dont have a gaming computer powerful enough then you will have to make some upgrades or buy a new computer which will make it cost a lot more.

God that's expensive

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can’t wait for this! I’m about to get Beat Saber because I’ve asked hundreds of friends if it’s good and all positive answers
imagine having hundreds of friends

lonely gamers rise up

On another note, I've got a VR capable PC. How much would it cost me for a decent headset?

Last edited by Nerdtendo,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's like Guitar Hero with your body. Nice, but VR is still not ready, so I don't want to invest any money in it.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
imagine having hundreds of friends

lonely gamers rise up

On another note, I've got a VR capable PC. How much would it cost me for a decent headset?
Well, the Oculus Rift’s price just dropped down to 350$ since the Oculus Quest is coming out in a few weeks. I’d recommend the Rift for people who know what they’re doing. As for steam’s HTC Vive, it’s around 700$ but simpler and easier to set up. Not sure how much a Windows Mixed Reality headset costs, but it’s by far the easiest to set up, with only one wire for everything combined. I’d say to get an Oculus headset (not the quest), because the Oculus Rift and Rift S (the wireless version) are compatible with Steam games. The HTC Vive however, is only compatible with Oculus games using third-party apps, with limitations.
The Oculus Rift is no longer available in America, I’m not sure about other countries, which means you’d have to get it imported if you’re American. The Rift S is wireless and connects to your PC, but has medium controller latency.
Basically:
Oculus Rift S, 400$, a bit more difficult to set up. Way more compatible with apps from external sources
HTC Vive, 500$, Easier to set up, but way less compatibility (pretty much only works normally with steam vr games)
Windows Mixed Reality, I don‘t know the price, takes barely any effort to set up, not the most third-party compatible

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue I see is the copyright issue of songs, you wont exactly be allowed to use "X" song then upload it along with the map onto their servers so any person can dl it
will you only be allowed to use their built in songs?

I also wish there was an auto generate map option, plug in any song and the game will scan it and build a map.

Pretty much why I bought VR. It's incredibly fun. The level editor is nice to see since the custom songs now are a bit jank to use, though not terrible.

Here's some weeb Beat Saber, I love the way this dude makes videos

It's also a hell of an exercise to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over