Hit by a Car

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
So yeah. Got hit by a car. Doesn't seem to be any major injuries, just scrapes and bruises. Not pressing charges (if I even can - yes, it was my right of way, see below), just because I feel that they shouldn't have to pay because they made a mistake. I could make them homeless for all I know, and I have no hospital bills, so y'know.

Anyway, here's a diagram I excellently shooped.

street.jpg

I was on the sidewalk on the bottom right. The pedestrian crossing light...thing, don't know what to call it was coincidentally on because of some passer-bys, and it had just started. It was wet and raining, so neither of our brakes would have worked well, and I was expecting him to stop, but I kept going, and got hit where I drew the circle. He was planning on turning right (up on the diagram). I got knocked off my bike, suffered some scrapes and bruises.

In other news, someone seems to be spreading sexy images of me.

Creepy.

Also, my retirement plan is to become a baker.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
monkat said:
Law said:
Threaten, then settle out of court and get a grand or something. Not exactly a figure that would make somebody homeless.

If they're in my position, yeah. It would.

They have a car, you have a bike.

Different positions (unless you ride a bike to be ECO-FRIENDLY)

edit: did they at least offer you a ride home?

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Different positions (unless you ride a bike to be ECO-FRIENDLY)

edit: did they at least offer you a ride home?
We're not necessarily in different financial brackets - it wasn't exactly a fancy car, and I'm sure that their rent is going to be more than mine - mine is very cheap, especially considering utilities are included.

And no, I don't ride to be eco-friendly, I'm just a really really bad driver.

QUOTE(Goli @ Nov 16 2010, 08:53 PM) If you don't want people to spread images of you maybe you should stop putting them everywhere, exhibitionist!
mad.gif

WHORE!

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Did they stop or keep going?

Well, if they kept going, I think that I would have serious injuries...I was in front of them...

And since I forgot to answer above, and it relates here, yeah, I was offered a ride home - I walked it off, though, and after a few minutes I got back on my bike (although my left knee hurts to pedal xD)

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps you should consider seeing a doctor... in case your spine is out of whack.

I am not sure how much doctors in the US cost... but if you can get it for free, I would certainly go.

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
Hells Malice said:
monkat said:
So yeah. Got hit by a car.

My bad.

Try harder next time.

Love you exy! You have a nice ass, I assume!

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Nov 16 2010, 09:22 PM) Were there any witnesses? What did they do?
Well, yeah, in Northern Virginia, the busy streets are never...not busy. It's not like I was knocked a yard away, just a few feet. Nothing huge.

QUOTE(Schizoanalysis @ Nov 16 2010, 09:26 PM)
Perhaps you should consider seeing a doctor... in case your spine is out of whack.

I am not sure how much doctors in the US cost... but if you can get it for free, I would certainly go.

Spines are for pussies. Seriously, though, I'm not hurt - I landed mostly on my knee / wrist / helmet, and I have a big water bag covering my back, so y'know.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Aww, man. That's totally not cool. I do hope you're all right.
frown.gif

No, I don't think you should press charges. If it was the fault of the driver, the sheer shock and potential guilt of hitting someone ought to be more than enough to straighten them out for a while.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
exangel said:
Hells Malice said:
monkat said:

My bad.

Try harder next time.
Love you exy! You have a nice ass, I assume!

It's enormous.
(But I'm very flexible. I was a dancer and gymnast until puberty! Then I suddenly had such big T&A that I couldn't do cartwheels or uneven bars without injuries... or my dad stopped paying for lessons... )

monkat

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
It's enormous.
(But I'm very flexible. I was a dancer and gymnast until puberty! Then I suddenly had such big T&A that I couldn't do cartwheels or uneven bars without injuries... or my dad stopped paying for lessons... )

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad you're feeling okay, Monkat.

But somebody hit you with their car....You should press charges. But maybe I'm just an asshole like that.

If somebody hit me with a car you can be sure I would press charges, but that's just me.

Glad you're not hurt though!

EDIT:

This made my night

Hells Malice said:
monkat said:

My bad.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Laughing and crying because I feel so old watching that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Got_Back

I was in third grade when that song was popular, but I wasn't really allowed to listen to the hip hop station. The first time I heard that song, the boy I had a crush on was "rapping" it at the after school day care. It was so obscene to me and it made me think he was a pervert and also, somehow, cuter. I still remember his full name too, surprises me.

I didn't hear the whole song or see the video until ~1995 or the end of 6th grade when our family got cable TV.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exangel said:
Laughing and crying because I feel so old watching that...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Got_Back

I was in third grade when that song was popular, but I wasn't really allowed to listen to the hip hop station. The first time I heard that song, the boy I had a crush on was "rapping" it at the after school day care. It was so obscene to me and it made me think he was a pervert and also, somehow, cuter. I still remember his full name too, surprises me.

I didn't hear the whole song or see the video until ~1995 or the end of 6th grade when our family got cable TV.

I didn't know the 'till Shark Tale was released
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work