History Help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by nicky041192, Jun 1, 2008.

Jun 1, 2008

History Help by nicky041192 at 12:26 PM (801 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. nicky041192
    OP

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    im having trouble answering a history question.

'the nazis believed that the role of women was to serve men'. use the sources and your own knowedge to explain whether you agree with this view.

i cant find any points agreeing with this view.

i have to write an essay. i have to write some points agreeing with it and points dissagreeing with it. i cant find any points relevent for this question.

doesnt matter about the sources. ill include them.

thanx in advance

2. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Look up Nazi Eugenics or Lebensborn or Secret Nazi Breeding programs. In these programs women were made to be involved with selected SS officers from germany. The goal was to have superior aryan offspring. Certainly this can be an example of women serving men in the Nazi party. They were giving up their bodies, their children, in the name of aryan promotion.

If you need sources just google, or wiki acouple of those keywords.

Also check out this link, its all about The Role of Women in the Nazi Party

This is all stuff you could have googled yourself by the way. Good luck and don't be a Mistvieh.

3. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I could answer this with a long involved post.

But here's the quick answer.

Women were the same then as now. But.

Women were encouraged to have kids as a form of national service, to build the nation of tomorrow.
    They were of course encouraged to have fine WHITE ARYAN children in keeping with the nazi ideals of the time.

Motherhood was supported, and to have babies for the fatherland was considered a great deed indeed.

There was a lot of national pride in all of this. It wasn't a sexist concept. It's just that men can't have babies eh. [​IMG]

So in response to the original comment "the nazis believed that the role of women was to serve men'. use the sources and your own knowedge to explain whether you agree with this view." I would suggest saying the statement as written is full of crap.
    If your history teacher says otherwise, I'd suggest telling them they are also full of crap.

And I have 30 years of expertise to back that up.