Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick blog.

I just spent a good while laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.
It started innocently when I wanted to know if Darksiders for PC was a GFWL game with achievements.

The search brought me to the official GFWL forum, and oh my god...so damn funny.
There are probably some of the MOST "intelligent" people you will EVER see on the internet posting there.

In a nutshell, 95% of the forum believes Steam was created to monopolize and destroy the PC gaming industry. They complained about how 'buggy' Steam was, and how useless it was.
As you think about that, please remember this is from the Games For Windows Live forum, a near useless title slapped on some games that lets you connect poorly to your Xbox360 gamertag, with about 5% of the functionality the 360 offers through the same menus. The best function it gives is achievements for some PC games, that's it.

I could have probably read more hilarious theories in various threads about how Steam will cause the apocalypse or some shit, but i'm pretty sure reading the posts started giving me brain damage from overwhelming amounts of stupidity.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title should read: "History's Greatest Gaming Community".

Also, I lol'd. I knew there were a lot of dumb people on the internet, but the ones you're talking about take the cake.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

Also, I lol'd. I knew there were a lot of dumb people on the internet, but the ones you're talking about take the cake.
Shoot if you looked here on the 'Temp hard enough, I bet you could find the same people.
wink.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:

Whoops. Yer right.

Sterl500 said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Oct 19 2010, 07:18 PM)
Shoot if you looked here on the 'Temp hard enough, I bet you could find the same people.
wink.gif

Not a chance. The temp does have some real morons, as do all sites, but even the Temp's worst look like university professors compared to the kids over at the GFWL forum.

cruznik71450

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GFWL is great. I have never once got such great deals on overpriced games then being a GFWL user. lol F that Steam pwns. L4D 1+2 for 10$ the other week got me hooked. I don't think GFWL has a chance. Steam achievements FTW.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Please direct your attention to the Steam Forums 4chan.

I guess all forums (Like SEGA, Steam, etc.) are bad since they are just fanboying it up.

EDIT: Oh and Minecraft forums are realllllllllllly bad.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
prowler_ said:
Please direct your attention to the Steam Forums 4chan.

I guess all forums (Like SEGA, Steam, etc.) are bad since they are just fanboying it up.

EDIT: Oh and Minecraft forums are realllllllllllly bad.

Steam is pretty bad sometimes, but most threads are fine.

Minecraft is definitely pretty terrible too. I can't stand posting on that forum. Especially the suggestions forum, holy crap. That game has some of the worst suggestion threads i've ever seen for a game.
Even Mortal Online's suggestion threads aren't as bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: