Hijack this - for softmodded Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thepregnantgod, Jun 18, 2010.

Jun 18, 2010
  1. thepregnantgod
    OP

Newcomer thepregnantgod Member

United States
    Folks, I know my way around a PC but am learning slowly how to softmod my son's Wii.

Is there a program in which I can tell which IOS's I have installed, what modifications have been done, etc. (something similiar to Hijackthis for the PC)?

I ask because in an effort to load games from USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader I've completed a number of step-by-steps but I think something is still messed up because some of the games that folks claim to run completely fine don't run on our system (e.g. Blazing Angels, Iron Man 2, Ninjabreadman, etc.)

If there is a way to get this information (which IOS's are installed, versions, etc.) then I think it will be easier to identify what is causing these games not to run.

Much thanks.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Just go through the guide in the stickies. It doesn't matter what you already have installed

3. thepregnantgod
    OP

United States
    Thank you, but I've done that and still some games aren't playing. However, as a last resort I'll do that again.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Just a second...have you tried tinkering with the games's settings?

Some games have an alt. dol, so you can mess with your cIOS'es all you like, but unless you specify the loader to use it, the game isn't going to work.

Likewise: some games must use the 002 fix, while others must have that fix disabled.

Considering how some games work, the chances of other ones just not having the correct settings is pretty likely. [​IMG]

5. thepregnantgod
    OP

United States
    @ Wever, is there a definitive database as to which settings should be applied to which games?

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    When loading a game, only one cIOS matters. If you use NeoGamma, then only Waninkoko's cIOS matters, if you use another loader, it depends to what it is set to use. All other cIOS and IOS do not matter when playing games from usb.

Sorry, that's wrong(for now...), some games require the 002 fix, and ALL games do work if you enable it. The anti 002 fix, is the one that messes stuff up, but that's not required for anything when you use a proper cIOS(like cIOSrev13a, 14, 17 or 19).

But other than that, you are right, game compatibility greatly depends on the settings, and wrong settings lead to not working games.

7. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

for your question: DOP-Mii

but like most posts already said here: lots of times it's just a setting

8. leondmsmith

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    All the games you mention work fine for me with Config loader latest build CIOS 17 default options. I would say make sure you have correct games for your region and have the not messed about with default settings, if needbe remove all config loader files completley from SD/USB then put it back and to get all original settings.

9. thepregnantgod
    OP

United States
    @leondsmith, thank you. I finally got around to doing what you suggested. I was using cios19, but loaded cios17 now. Unfortunately, the games still have problems.

For example, Blazing Angels goes past all the screens and then just continues to flash "loading" until I hard reboot the Wii.

Iron Man 2 will load and then as you select to load a game, it freezes audibly and requires a hard reboot.

I initially would think that this is because of a bad rip, but my boy has played both games for at least a few hours each (hence the saved games) off of the USB Loader so...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

10. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    If you want to check your IOSes and their versions you can run SignCheck via the HomeBrew Channel