Translation Higurashi ENX - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou English Translation Mod

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mangagamer has only 8 chapters and less than 100 tips covered without 07th mod. Switch version has 24 chapters + 100 Fragments + 188 tips, voice acting, lip-sync, professional quality sprites and backgrounds, different style of reading story.
I did play with the 07th mod but you're saying there's stuff after Matsuribayashi?

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On your GitHub page you say that it's partially machine translated. Is this just menus or are entire story segments machine translated? If so, percentage wise, how much is machine translation?

Edit: Oh, I've just realized you posted how much is machine translated... I have never played the PC version... does this mean you couldn't patch the script of some PC version chapters in or why did you use machine translation? For instance for Rena's route you posted that it's 100% machine translation. So is there no official translation of that route available? I really don't understand. I wonder if I should just read the PC version instead to get the best experience without machine translation...

Last edited by moonblood666,

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes.

Machine translation was used whenever no English translation was available at all and there was no sign 07th mod will ever touch that.

Thank you for the reply... Then the Switch version it is for me... But they skipped the entire Rena route for the western release? I haven't read the VN yet but isn't she a major character, the first girl you meet?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you for the reply... Then the Switch version it is for me... But they skipped the entire Rena route for the western release? I haven't read the VN yet but isn't she a major character, the first girl you meet?
Chapter called "Rena Route" is a console exclusive and practically speaking not relevant to whole story.
Mangagamer got license only for Ryuukishi07 main releases, and Rena Route is not a part of them.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Next release is planned to be released before end of August.
For now 2 things are sure to be done:
- repack PICs to use compression. Size of patch file should decrease to be under 100 MB (hopefully).
- update translations and typos to match newest version of 07th mod at the moment of release (excluding Hajisarashi and Kotohogushi files)

Second point requires updating around 150 files (the biggest changes are in Kageboushi).

PR is progressing here (until Kageboushi will be fully updated, it will be going slowly):
https://github.com/masagrator/HigurashiENX-texts/pull/8

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have recently learned that there is new update available for game - 1.2.0.
For under any circumstances don't use this update if you want this mod to work.
Script and exefs_patches need changes to be compatible with new scenario and I'm now more focused on updating translations.

Reactions: C0nvert

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Moved repo to 1.2.0 update. So if someone is stuck with 1.2.0, for now they can manually compile mod. New release is still in work.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Dinhcongtrang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
New release is available.
Now support was moved to 1.2.0 update.
Mod is now >6x smaller, and 4860 lines were revised (translation changes, typo fixes, filled logset entries)
All text changes are available here:
https://github.com/masagrator/Higur...bf...4d7863f7d333aeb403f016183144af4d98d9ef4a

Link to download as always in readme of main repo.
Thank you and everyone involved in this project.

I just want to confirm that the patch worked on SXOS, while not officially.

Never have a chance to experience this series on PC so Switch is the best way to me (8 hours sitting with my laptop is enough with my back).

Last edited by Dinhcongtrang,

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thank you! Just finished the first 6 question arcs and having a blast with this. Here´s hoping a translation for the Switch Umineko port is in the works. :grog:

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The patch stopped working after updating to the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches. Is there an extra step to make it work again? I backed up the contents folder before updating.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The patch stopped working after updating to the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches. Is there an extra step to make it work again? I backed up the contents folder before updating.
No. Nothing has changed in how mods and patches work.
Fix your stuff.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Checked your reddit message and now I get it. Iirc had the same issue and it turned out I needed to read some Common Route messages to unlock Kageboushi end. So you didn't max Common Route from first book. :P Btw. did you get Meakashi bad end too? Because on screen it's not showed.
Managed to fix everything, cheers. By the way I just ran into this same issue, is there any specific choice progression in the common route to trigger the Kageboshi epilogue?

EDIT: Apparently you need to unlock Tip 155, but can't seem to find the requirements.

EDIT 2: Just got the tip. It's related to the choices needed to unlock Someutsushi hen, when the gang meets Natsumi at the store. When Keichii wonder what to buy there's a choice between ramen and canned food. I was missing the canned food choice.

Last edited by .Darky,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After release of GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition I am planning to release big update that ports Hajisarashi, Kotohogushi (+TIPS) and "Gift" Afterparty. I would do it even now if not that I have left PSDs for Tips names on my second PC that is in home and I won't be in home until 11.11 :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on