Highest Serial Number?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by fuctfuct, Nov 22, 2006.

Nov 22, 2006

Highest Serial Number? by fuctfuct at 5:41 PM (869 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fuctfuct
    OP

Member fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm about to go buy a black DS Lite and after reading TONS of threads on lots of forums about all the problems it has....

Dead pixels = Luck since it happens to all LCDs
    Cracked hinge = Appears to be fixed in new versions
    D-Pad has weak diagonals or is just bad = Luck????
    Shitty shoulder buttons = Luck???
    Shifting Touchscreen = Luck????
    Yellowish screen = Appears to be fixed on the new versions but they may have used LCDs with bad latencies [​IMG]

So i was just wondering if anyone knows the highest serial number they have produced in North America so i can have better chance of a unit with the most problems fixed

Also i'm going to pay 29.99 extra for the futureshop warranty that i normally don't get .. since i have heard that they wont replace for some of the reasons above. Can anyone tell me the best way to brick a DS Lite so they have to return it?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. simpson17

Member simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a white ds lite whos hinge cracked, nintendo completely replaced the unit and i jus received it as of yesterday, the serial number is -
    UG900127xxQ

i jus put those 2 x's there so no1 will try to register it (there are 2 numbers there tho)

edit - they wont replace it on those touch screen problems u mentioned

3. deathspawn999

Member deathspawn999 GBAtemp Regular

dont bother with the $30 warranty. if your system is bad, youll know out of the box. go outside to your car, pop the box open, and check it out. youll have enough battery juice to find out. if its bad, bring it back in. if its good, go home.

4. fuctfuct
    OP

Canada
    Yea thats what i normally do but some of these things happen over time. So i can get an new one in 5 mins for up to 2 years .. no messing around with sending it to Nintendo. If they try to say the crack (or any of the others) is from me dropping it i can just brick it and get a brand new unit (not a refurb from Nintendo)

Last time i got this warranty was for an xbox that i modded and my lil brother spilt pop in the controller 3 times .. I got a brand new one each time.

5. kingeightsix

Member kingeightsix GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i normally go home first, charge full & then test... because some people will tell you it's your fault that you didn't fully charge it & shit... besides, turning on a system before a full charge might make your battery not run as great.

6. fuctfuct
    OP

Canada
    Picked one up UG108xxxxxx

Everything feels great other then the D-Pad. This is my first DS .. are they supposed to feel extremely cheap?

Haven't turned it on yet to check screens.. still charging

EDIT:
    Bottom screen is a little yellow-er then the top.. bugs me a lot less then i thought it would. [​IMG]
    Don't have a DS game to test yet but while playing GBA from my EFA there are faint rolling white lines regardless of which screen i use [​IMG]

Everything else seems good