OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Via G4...
Developers High Voltage have recently unveiled their new game, The Conduit for the Wii. In the game you'll play as Agent Ford who is drafted into the seedy government conspiracy after an alien attack befalls Washington D.C. *Yawn*
But that's not the real story. What's big news here is that The Conduit looks amazing, way better than anything we've seen on the Wii by far. High Voltage is now poised to sell their technology, Quantum3, to other companies who wish to push the Wii's hardware to the max. With this game and developer tools, High Voltage is attempting to make a Wii game look as good as an Xbox 360 game. While that may not be possible, you should really take a look at the video over at IGN.com to see for yourself. If their claims pay off, we could end up seeing some amazing looking titles for the little white box that Nintendo built.

and the tech demo that shows off the Quantum3's capabilities...
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

conduit_001.jpg

conduit_002.jpg

Looks good eh?!

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
that looks SWEET!!!

those screenshots looks really like it's on a 360 console, pretty good!!!

FINALLY a game that isn't a PS2 port and it rivals the Wii's competition by graphics, I just hope they don't give a gimmicky control scheme...

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh my, that does look good.

Jerro123 said:
Looks like this'll give the Wii RROD's (since it's gonna look just like a 360 game...)

are you trying to say xbox 360 games give the xbox 360 a RROD?

it is a overheating/solder problem

anyways that is off topic....

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched the video of the graphics demo.
Looks awsome.
Just goes to show that half the time the graphics fall under the programer not the machine.

The animated fish looks nice too, but I noticed alot of rough edges on the scenery. This is a small gripe but it makes me wonder how many polygons it can really push. Though then again as long as its in the background it'll look nice anyway.

I really hope this engine really picks up and we start to see some more seroius games on the machine.

The game looks like a decent FPS though, would love to try it. They dont really need to do much with controls as the graphics will be the game's main point anyway, though who cant resist programing in a little waggle for the hell of it? xD

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadow1w2 said:
The game looks like a decent FPS though, would love to try it. They dont really need to do much with controls as the graphics will be the game's main point anyway, though who cant resist programing in a little waggle for the hell of it? xD

Graphics aren't everything with video games. IMO Gameplay is as important.

shadow1w2: would you like a game which looks good but is horrible to play?

I know i wouldn't....

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kokiri_link said:
You guys that are saying this looks like a 360 game.....have obviously never seen a 360 game. This looks good for the Wii, but it pales in comparison to any 360 game :/

Nobody is saying it looks like a xbox 360 game.

But i have to to agree on the last comment. This doesn't look spot on like a 360 but just a tad below, better than i expected from the wii. I'm surprised.

And Kokiri_link, yes i have played a xbox 360 game

st0nedpenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the graphics themselves still look less than impressive, the fact they're easier to achieve without resorting to custom tools means it'll be a damn sight easier for developers to use them though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte